Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Housing Options Manager (Housing and Planning)
Reference: BBS/HOUSING OPTION
Date: 17 Oct 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Housing Options Manager in a temp position for our client in Bournemouth, Poole.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with 5 years prior experience within a role.
To effectively manage the frontline housing options service team to ensure that the right advice is provided at the right time to help people to resolve their housing situation
- To manage the day to day customer demand for the housing options service through the regular review of service provision and processes which demonstrates excellent customer service though the councils key values
- To effectively manage performance by regularly measuring and analysing service demand, to ensure the right resources are in the right place at the right time.
- To contribute to the strategic direction of the service and managing operational changes which include working with a range of internal & external partnerships to create new or improved processes and systems
- To review, update and develop procedure following service review or updated regulation / case law.
- Offer a priority, responsive and preventative approach to dealing with complaints and provide innovative and creative responses where precedents have not been set
- Represent the service at relevant multiagency groups which influence strategy and service delivery and deputise for Housing Services Manager as necessary.
- To be responsible for the councils statutory housing provisions under the relevant legislation, code of guidance and internal policies and procedures is effectively discharged and be responsible for a strong emphasis in service delivery on homelessness prevention techniques
- To provide 121s and appraisals through effective supervision of the team via matrix management arrangements, leading on recruitment, training support and issues of conduct / discipline.
- To manage the effective delivery of the councils Housing Register & Allocations policy, from application to allocation.
- To manage the councils housing allocations panels, including those for supported housing, extra care and gypsy traveller site.
- To assess, check and mitigate risk in service delivery (including lone working and housing assessment decision making) to ensure accuracy and quality of service delivery is maintained and in accordance with defined case management principles, procedure and service standards
- To provide support with complex decisions through interpretation and under the provisions of various legislation including but not inclusively, 1996 Housing Act, Homelessness Act 2002, landlord and tenant law, family, welfare benefits, childcare and persons from abroad entitlements.
- To carry out reviews of decisions in accordance with the Housing Act 1996 and 2002 Homelessness Act, in particular under Section 202 and the Housing Register & Allocations Policy.
- To promote, present and influence multi-agency specialist initiatives and work with a range of partners, both internal and external to the council (including registered providers and the private sector) on joint projects and complex casework, including the pursuit of prevention of homelessness
- To provide regular input towards developing and reviewing allocations, lettings, temporary accommodation and move-on plans.
- To participate in the delivery of customer service when the demand requires it and ensure robust plans are in place to manage future demands.
- To provide effective advice and support for complex cases with multiple needs particularly where these require a multi agency collaborative partnership approach
- To manage the delivery of the councils rent deposit scheme, homelessness prevention scheme, and other localised financial support schemes.
- To share the lead practitioner and representative service role for Domestic Abuse, high risk offenders, intentionally homeless, rough sleeping (i.e. representing the service at Poole Rough Sleeper Action Group, MARAC, MAPPA and safeguarding conferences)
- To contribute towards reviewing the Housing Strategy and Housing Register and Allocations Policy, taking account of changes in legislation, guidance and good practice. Recommend draft policy changes and develop processes to implement them.
- To be responsible for the review, update and development of all housing related information and advice
- To develop, influence and manage operational change processes and systems over a substantial period of time with a range of stakeholders both internal and external to the council.
- To be responsible for ensuring accurate records of all contacts across the service are made and delivered with thorough knowledge of data Protection, case management and subject access request principles.
- To deliver training to colleagues and stakeholders
- To attend public and council meetings and contribute to these as required.
- To respond to and initiate routine and non-routine correspondence with a wide range of agencies including Councillors and Members of Parliament.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the level of the post.
- To comply with all decisions, policies and standing orders of the Council and any relevant statutory requirements, including the Equality Act, the Health and Safety at Work Act and Data Protection Act.
Pay rate: £21.00
Hours per week: 37
Reference: 5 years
Start Date: 1 Nov 2020
This will require some working from home.