Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Early Years Partner
Date: 17 Oct 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Experienced Early Years Partner, ideally with SEND experience in a temp position for our client.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with 5 years prior experience within a role.
Job Purpose for Early Years Partner, ideally with SEND experience
The Early Years Partner role will support the implementation of Essex County Council’s (ECC) School Readiness Strategy by ensuring that children get the ‘Best Start in Life’ by ensuring children are ready for school, access high quality early years and childcare provision across the Private Voluntary Independent (PVI) sector (pre-schools, day nurseries, childminders, out of school clubs) and maintained sector (nursery schools, nursery classes in Primary/Infant/Academy schools).
The role will work with settings receiving support to enable effective partnership working between PVI, school provision, parents and key stakeholders. Facilitating partnership working between all relevant teams and partners; developing and maintaining robust working relationships between PVI, school provision and Family Hubs to enable early intervention and improved early language and communication skills, leading to increased ‘school readiness’ and improved outcomes for all children.
We are looking for someone with a good understanding of safeguarding requirements in Early Years, ideally with SEND experience also.
Key Accountabilities for Early Years Partner, ideally with SEND experience
• Ensure compliance with the statutory requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework, taking responsibility for promoting effective implementation and delivery working directly with PVIs, schools and other key professionals and partnerships across the sector.
• Develop and deliver high level support packages to all provision requiring urgent support for EYFS
• Provide an informed perspective in relation to child development, teaching and learning to ensure 0-5-year old are able to access sufficient quality provision, including a focus on the Home Learning Environments, effective transitions, early intervention and improved early language and communication skills
• Increase the knowledge and understanding of Early Language and Communication for all those working with children 0-5, with a focus on closing the word gap and the impact on the quality of provision
• Lead effective collaboration within local communities and cross sector EYCC provision, to identify solutions and prevention strategies, facilitating targeted interventions for providers, in liaison with Education colleagues and ECC teams, such as Social Care, and key partners, such as Health to provide integrated, targeted multi-agency working to raise outcomes for children.
• Analyze relevant data sets and formulate action plans for high level targeted support, to ensure intervention measures are tailored appropriately to raise attainment and outcomes for all children, but with a specific focus on narrowing the gap for vulnerable groups
• Enable the LA to fulfil its statutory function of moderation of the EYFS Profile in all schools
Knowledge, Skills and Experience for Early Years Partner, ideally with SEND experience
• Possesses Qualified Teacher status- QTS, Early Years degree or equivalent qualification and/or equivalent experience, which includes a substantial emphasis on child development 0-5 years.
• Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
• Deep knowledge of EYFS and effective implementation in a range of early years and child care settings, supporting 0-5 year old children’s individual needs.
• Substantial experience of working with babies, young children and parents within early years settings (Childminding, Out of School provision, PVI, maintained provision, Family Hubs/ Children’s Centers).
• Extensive understanding of EYFS and Early Years pedagogy and current government strategies for Early Years, particularly in relation to disadvantage, high quality provision.
• Evidence of significant contribution to successful improvement in an organization.
• Significant knowledge and understanding of the Ofstead framework for Early Years settings, schools and Children’s Centers, with experience of intervening and tackling under performance in EYCC provision
• Experience of collaborating and working with schools, PVIs, Early Years Partners and parents.
Start Date: 02.11.2020
End Date: 31.12.2020
Hours per week: 22
Reference ID: BBS/Early Years Partner
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary