Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Digital Officer (Content Design) in a temp position for our client in Lambeth.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with 3 years prior experience within a role.
Main purpose of post:
Content designers are responsible for creating, updating and reviewing content around the end-to-end user journey across Lambeth Council’s digital estate.
Key Unit Accountabilities
• To produce content effectively and autonomously, and know how to choose the best format for displaying information to the user.
• To create content that is accessible and usable.
• To update and review content around the end-to-end user journey
• To work with different content publishing systems to publish content online.
• To contribute to and use the style guides and design patterns
• To use feedback and analytics to evaluate the performance of digital content and make improvements.
• To identify user needs and engage with users or stakeholders to collate user needs evidence.
• To take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand
• To build relationships across the council to focus on the needs of the user and to influence stakeholders
• To make the case for user-focused design with service stakeholders and subject matter experts
• To be able to explain content-related decisions clearly
• To work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participate as required in multi-disciplinary cross-department and cross-organisational groups and task teams.
• To take responsibility, relevant to the post, for ensuring that Council statutes and government legislation is upheld. This includes, amongst others; Management Compliance Charter, Environmental Policy, Data Protection Act, Race Equality Action Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Health & Safety, Sustainable Construction and Recycling.
• To take responsibility, appropriate to the post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
It is a requirement that in your written supporting statement you give evidence or examples of your proven experience for essential criteria.
• Content creation processes and formatting. You understand how to produce content effectively, and know how to choose the best format for displaying information to the user.*
• Performance monitoring. You understand how you can use feedback and analytics to evaluate the performance of digital content and make improvements.
• Creating content for users. You understand how to identify needs and engage with users or stakeholders to collate user needs evidence.*
• Accessibility. You understand legal accessibility requirements in a digital context and how to ensure these are met across different digital channels. You can explain the importance of accessibility to residents and to the successful operations of council services.
• User-centred content design. You have experience of working autonomously to create effective content for digital channels.*
• Stakeholder relationship management. You have experience in identifying important stakeholders, tailoring communication to their needs, and work with teams to build relationships while also meeting user needs. You have experience working with stakeholders and contribute to improving these relationships, using evidence to explain decisions made.
• Writing for digital channels. You will have extensive experience of writing for the web, with proven ability to create content that is accessible and usable.*
• Content publishing systems. You will have experience of working with different content publishing systems to publish content online.*
Experience writing content for public-facing websites
Experience with content management systems
Start date: 19.10.2020
Pay rate: £240.77 per day
Hours per week: 35
If interested please call 01707663777.