Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Property Negotiator - SO1
Date: 16 Oct 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Property Negotiator in a temp position for our client in Enfield.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with 5 years prior experience within a role.
Purpose of the Role:
To negotiate and procure various forms of accommodation in order to either prevent homelessness or to fulfil The Council’s statutory duties for eligible clients, at the best price, cost effective and value for money to the Council.
To source accommodation for the client group that is both suitable and affordable that complies with legislative requirements, preventing legal challenges.
To record and monitor service delivery issues and complaints as they arise to implement correct processes to address and remedy issues as appropriate.
• To procure various forms of temporary accommodation including emergency accommodation, to meet the needs of homeless clients to whom the Council has a statutory responsibility. This includes referrals for emergency accommodation made by Social Services.
• To procure private rented accommodation as a homeless prevention measure, as a means of discharging duty for clients accommodated in temporary accommodation and assisting moves for welfare benefit cap affected households to affordable accommodation.
• To carry out planned and responsive visits to emergency accommodation within timescales of placement made, and annually with suppliers to ensure procurement of both good quality and suitable accommodation.
• To carry out check out visits to private rented placements having provided deposit/bond to broker a move, to minimise pay outs on claims.
• To provide a landlord/agent sustainment role for placements made into the private rented sector to ensure tenancies are maintained to minimise the need for formal action being taken, ultimately ending in eviction.
• To maximise procurement opportunities in line with procedures to demonstrate best use of financial resources to reach an optimum portfolio mix.
• To act as a first point of contact in dealing with service issues and complaints regarding emergency accommodation, ensuring that complaints are investigated and receive the appropriate responses
• To compile statistics and reports for the Property Acquisitions Manager as required to assist in forecasting and budgetary implications
• Can demonstrate the effective use of time and resources to meet challenging targets and deadlines
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent IT skills
• Experience of working with several parties to achieve a successful outcome
• Experience of working in a customer focused environment
• Can use initiative to prioritise a heavy workload with several work streams independently of others.
• Excellent negotiating skills with the ability to influence other
• A sound knowledge of current IT packages
• A sound knowledge of assured shorthold tenancies
• A basic knowledge of welfare and benefits rights
Start date: ASAP
Hours per week: 35
If you are interested apply here or call 01707663777.