Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Senior Learning Manager
Date: 16 Oct 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Learning Manager – Quality, Information and Support in a temp position for our client in Derby.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
• To take lead responsibility in the Adult Learning Service for the management of:
• Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement
• Learner Information including destination and impact
• Learner Support
• Health and safety relating to staff, learners and accommodation
• Operational change management and project implementation
• Manage exams and streamline process
• Review and overhaul of the online enrolment process
• Design and implement online learner feedback system
• Overview of ongoing IT issues with students and staff
The person would need to demonstrate these skills, qualifications and experience: -
• High levels of IT project management experience
• Track record of successfully developing, implementing and reviewing policies and procedures followed by swift and efficient implementation
• Understanding of necessary legal and regulatory documents
• Ability to address problems and opportunities for the company
• Excellent communication skills
• Degree or equivalent
• Experience in education sector
• Excellent problem-solving skills
To take lead responsibility for quality assurance and improvement in order to raise standards in teaching and learning across the Service by:
• implementing the service’s Quality Assurance system
• organising and moderating the formal Observation of Teaching, Learning and Assessment process,
• monitoring the work of Quality Advisers
• monitoring quality improvement plans
• To ensure all accommodation is fit for purpose
• To co-ordinate continual professional development for all staff within the Service.
• To manage the Quality, Information and Support team in accordance with Council procedures and objectives
• To ensure that all regulations and requirements relating to learner examinations and accreditation are met.
• To gather, analyse and interpret information relating to the performance of the service with particular reference to learner feedback, learner satisfaction, destination and impact
• To oversee the management of the national annual learner survey, focus groups and other forms of learner feedback
• To manage budgets in accordance with DCC financial regulations
• To plan and monitor the provision of the Learner Helpline to meet the needs of learners, employers and other organisations
• To take lead responsibility for partnership activity relating to quality, information and support including the development of and commitment to service level agreements and contracts in order to ensure compliance
• To take lead responsibility of all aspects of all learner and learning support provision to ensure contractual compliance, high quality provision and access to learning for all learners
• To contribute to the strategic direction of the Service as a member of the Senior Management Team to ensure that the Service is responsive to all government initiatives and achieves the targets set by the Skills Funding Agency and the council.
• To participate in regional quality improvement of adult learning as part of the East Midlands Local Authority Peer Review Project to ensure quality improvement.
• To prepare for and participate in inspections of the service by Ofsted
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Experience in IT project management
Experience in education
Start date: 25.10.2020
Hours per week: 37
If you are interested please call 01707663777.