Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Senior Architectural Technician
Date: 16 Oct 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Architectural Technician in a temp position for our client in Derby.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with 2 years prior experience within a role.
Responsible for providing an architectural and project management services under the direction of the Projects Team leader.
Perform the function of contracts administrator/project manager in carrying out the design, supervision and administration of small to large size schemes or projects on council and other third party buildings and land.
• Prepare detailed reports, briefings, schedules, feasibility studies, specifications, drawings, diagrams and estimates etc. relating to building projects. Including new building design, refurbishment, improvements, alterations and demolition. Undertake contract administration and supervise contractors undertaking such work.
• Provide detailed and accurate surveys of sites and buildings.
• Authorise the appointment of the design team, clerk of works, contractors and consultants monitoring progress and ensure that the appropriate professional standards and quality of workmanship are achieved.
• Develop project programmes and ensure delivery to agreed key milestones and completion deadlines. Provide accurate data and schedules of prioritised projects to inform funding programmes. Prepare reports and attend meetings, working parties and committees and present reports/findings as may be required by the work in progress.
• Working In conjunction with the project quantity surveyor record and monitor regularly the project costs compared with the approved budget and the speed of response by staff and contractors.
• Provide technical advice on the feasibility, practicality and estimated costs of proposals submitted by council officers and customers and those relating to new developments and major repairs programmes.
• Work with colleagues to ensure that survey results are rigorous and are accurately entered into the Corporate Asset Management and other software and necessary reports/outputs achieved.
• Ensure that scale drawings are created or amended to reflect reality following surveys.
• Liaise with clients to develop and confirm project briefs ensuring project objectives are met.
• Prepare consultant briefs, appoint and manage consultants, both internal and external.
• Check and agree invoices for work carried out, ensuring value for money.
• Engage and Consult with statutory bodies, private supply companies and other third party consultees to ensure timely project delivery.
• Ensure Project data is obtained and entered into the Corporate Asset management system and other Software and necessary reports/outputs are achieved.
• Ensure the design and project delivery complies with all current statutory regulations including Building Regulations, Planning, Listed buildings, CDM, Health and Safety at Work, COSHH and the councils Code of Practice for contractors working in/on the Councils establishments. complies
• Understand and comply with the City Council’s environmental policies.
• Ensure all work complies with the council’s constitution, rules, policies and procedures and departmental instructions.
• Comply with all health & safety policies and legislation in performance of the duties of the post.
• Work with information technology and associated systems in accordance with the City Council’s policies and procedures.
• Comply with standing orders, financial regulations and Departmental instructions.
• Carry out duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the City Council’s Equality and Diversity policy.
• Take part in the Councils Managing individual Performance Scheme.
Skills and Knowledge:
Sufficient relevant experience in commercial and domestic building design and refurbishment to have become proficient in the following:
• Development of a project through all RIBA stages of the plan of work
• Providing contract management /project management to delivery small to large scale projects up to the value of £6.5 million.
• Experience of budgetary control on projects.
• Ability to work to clear deadlines to ensure the rolling programme of surveys remain on target
• Good knowledge and understanding of construction related legislation including Building Regulations and CDM
• A minimum of BTEC (HNC) in Building Studies or equivalent
• Degree in Building Surveying or Architectural Design Technology
• Knowledge and awareness of the Equality Act 2010 and how it applies to this job
• Ensure that equality issues are identified, promoted and managed in all areas of your work.
• Effective communication, both oral and written. Good presentation skills.
• IT literacy Good knowledge of standard MS office word and Excel applications. Must be willing to use new technology to improve working practices
• Ability to use CAD Software- Autocad
• Applicant expected to travel effectively around the city on a daily basis
• Ability to climb ladders, scaffolds etc and work at heights
• Ability to work flexibly in line with the needs of the service
• Ability participate in mobile working.
BTEC (HNC) in Building Studies or equivalent
Degree in Building Surveying or Architectural Design Technology
2 Years References
Start date: 19.10.2020
Hours per week: 37
If interested call 01707663777.