Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Operational Support Officer
Date: 16 Oct 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Operational Support Officer in a temp position for our client in Enfield
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior 5 year experience within a role.
• Responsible for delivering to a high standard the business support menus to ensure effective operation of the services. Including but not limited to data entry and analysis, record keeping, customer care focused, reception and understanding service specific administrative tasks.
• Proactively develop skills, understanding and abilities in delivering support services in order to carry out standardised processes in a consistent and efficient manner
• Deal professionally and effectively with all contacts from a wide range of people, using tact and discretion, assessing needs and re-directing enquiries, where appropriate.
• Deal with straightforward customer enquiries and follow through to resolution, ensuring all stakeholders are updated and the adequate audit trails are in place.
• Understand when and how to escalate issues to ensure requests are completed within a timely manner.
• Maintain up to date knowledge to ensure effective utilisation of IT systems used
• Organise and prioritise allocated workload as appropriate, keeping team managers aware of demands which may impact on targets/deadlines and service standards.
• Inform opportunities to eliminate waste, stop non-value adding activities and maximise the potential of simplified and shared ways of working and automation
• Carry out all accountabilities in compliance with the Council’s Policies and Procedures
• Provide a front line face-to-face/telephone service to customers, making suitable referrals to other service areas where appropriate and resolving enquiries to a high standard, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Maintain accurate and effective communication with your line manager (to include the provision of reports and presentations) ensuring that they are regularly appraised of planned changes and developments
• The range of outcomes we expect you to do are set out above, however this is not intended as a complete description of your job. We reserve the right to ask you to undertake any tasks that are consistent with the grade to ensure effective service delivery. This may include working in any other service areas, including the Customer Access, and /or vary hours of work, as may be reasonably required of you.
• Assist with the provision of an accessible customer care focused reception service, and when necessary, request assistance to manage the distress or difficult and challenging behaviour of callers.
• Identify any difficulties visitors/service users may have in making an enquiry or receiving information, in order that suitable and sufficient methods of communication can be provided.
• To work as part of a project team and to assist in the delivery and completion of work projects, supporting different work streams, ensuring the successful completion of the project.
• Experience of supporting change / efficiency initiatives
• Working within a business support environment delivering high quality services
• Strong communication skills and experience
• Strong IT/Technical skills, knowledge
• Development of skills and knowledge
• Experience of delivering high quality customer service/care
Business administration qualification
Appropriate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Outlook
Council processes and working practices
• Experience of working within business support/business administration or
• Educated to A Level standard, or
• Level 3 NVQ in business administration
5 years references
A Level or level 3 NVQ in business
Start date: 18/10/2020
Pay rate: £13.03
Hour per week: 36
If you are interested please call, 01707663777