Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Location: Hackney, London
Date: 18 Sep 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Licensing Officer in a temp position for our client in Hackney.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
To assist the Senior and Principal Licensing Officers in providing and maintaining a
highly efficient Licensing function. The role will provide back office support to Senior and
Principal Licensing officers.
The post holder will be responsible for case management of Licensing applications with
representations, including negotiations with applicants, liaising with Responsible
Authorities and preparing reports for Licensing Sub Committee within agreed timeframes.
The post holder should also assist the Principal Licensing Officer in implementing and
managing information and other systems. Play a full role in the team and assist
colleagues to provide efficient, cost effective and customer focused services, and
performing all duties in accordance with the Council’s Core Values, policies and
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• To provide a full licensing function within the wider Community Safety Enforcement and Business Regulation Service within agreed framework and standing orders.
• To review systems and procedures, implementing changes that arise from those reviews.
• Prepare, develop and implement procedures relating to the Licensing activities of the service. These procedures must support and enhance the customer focused nature of the service and the Council’s ambition to undertake its duties in partnership with its customers.
• Be responsible for purchasing, receiving, storage, distribution and auditing of goods/services for the Licensing Service, maintaining appropriate records.
• To adhere to all security policies and data protections policies upheld by the division.
• To be fully conversant with the operation and use of all manual and new technology information systems used in the Service.
• To provide general customer services, advice and information to the public, local businesses, Members and other Council Officers, as directed, with regard to all activities carried out by the Licensing team,
• To manage and track applications including those that may be subject to representations from representative authorities. This will involve liaising with other areas of the service on a daily basis.
• To undertake any training/development as required in consultation with Team Leader and Managers.
• Review all procedures when necessary, develop and map processes to ensure high standards are maintained and liaise as required with other areas of the service and key stakeholders attending any liaison meetings where required.
• Available to work flexible hours to ensure there is support available to the service as necessary including out of hours.
• The post holder may be required to work evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays in order to meet service requirements.
• He/she will also be expected to work remotely in the field or at any suitable office location as required.
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
• The ability to communicate electronically, orally and in writing in a clear, concise and informative way, and to deal sensitively and courteously with internal and external customers and their enquiries.
• Ability to contribute to project work and develop/implement changes including the necessary quality standards and monitoring systems.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• To demonstrate an awareness and positive commitment to equality of opportunity both in employment and service delivery and to work in a way that enables customers and colleagues to be treated fairly.
• Good keyboard, literacy and numeracy skills.
• Ability to update and maintain record-keeping systems accurately, both manually and electronically.
• Ability to deliver customer focused services in line with the Council’s agenda and keep abreast of any new development within your field.
• Knowledge of the aims and objectives of the Licensing Service and basic knowledge of licensing legislation and enforcement practices.
• Working knowledge of health and safety regulations.
• Knowledge of and commitment to equalities in both employment and service provision.
• Knowledge of providing a licensing service to the public and experience of working as part of a team in an office environment.
• Experience of using computer systems to record and analyse data.
• Experience of working for an organisation that carries out enforcement activities.
Experience in a similar role in a Licensing service
Award for Licensing Practitioner Qualification: Gambling Act 2005 Licensing Act 2003
Award for Personal Licence Holders: Licensing Act 2003
At least 12 months experience of using Flare/Civica licensing software in day to day work
and processing licensing applications
Experience in Licensing
GCSE in Maths and English
2 years of references
Start date: 28.09.2020
Hours per week: 36
If you are interested call 01707663777.