Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Assistant Team Manager Social Care (Adults)
Date: 18 Sep 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Assistant Team Manager in Social Care in a temp position for our client in North Swindon.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
To operationally manage and supervise the team to ensure high quality service to vulnerable adults eligible under the care Act 2015 including older people, those with a physical disability and patients discharged from hospital ; focussed on good outcomes with timely interventions at the right level; within statutory guidelines and within given resource and budget availability.
To model good management by taking professional responsibility for the provision of a high
quality and responsive service.
• To assist the Team Manager in the determination of priorities, and through effective management and supervision of social care staff, ensure adults are safeguarded and their welfare promoted.
• To undertake work in accordance with legislation, guidance and protocols and have a clear understanding of how the role contributes and adds value to outcomes for vulnerable adults eligible under the Care Act 2015
• To undertake the necessary investigations using information from various sources in addition to direct contact with adults and professionals to analyse and determine the level of support and actions required.
• To have a robust oversight of assessments, support planning and reviewing activity, with a focus on timeliness and quality of social care work
• Promote the use of My Care My Support for self funding service users and early self assessment
• A leadership role to foster a strong culture and practice within the team of “personalisation”, focusing on articulating outcomes for individuals, identifying where individuals can make use of universally available services.
• To ensure team contribution to management of thebudget and realisation of targeted financial efficiencies
• Ensure that diversity is respected and takes account of the different needs of adults and their carers, and that the decisions made and service delivery is sensitive to and addresses discriminatory issues of language, gender, ethnicity, religion, ability, sexuality and social background
• To ensure that social workers, Assistant Care Managers and record all case work, undertake assessments, analysis, decisions, care planning and actions on the necessary IT systems – signing off all decisions made and discussing any issues that require clarification or further scrutiny with the relevant member of staff.
• To offer guidance, supervision and support to the workforce to enable them to take actions to support service users to achieve their outcomes, to maximise the use of universal services, to prevent crisis escalation of issues / risk, accurately recording the advice and guidance given.
• Lead and supervise team members on a day to day basis, including their performance management through regular supervision and appraisal, in order to deliver a high quality and consistent service.
Because of the nature of the work and in accordance with the demands of the service, he/she will be required from time to time to work outside normal office hours, including evening and weekend working, for which time off in lieu of payment should be taken at a time agreed with the Team Manager. Overtime will not be paid.
Start date: 14.09.2020
Pay rate: £31.86
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) recognised social work qualification and HCPC registration.