Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Business Support Officer (Grade 4)
Date: 17 Aug 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Business Support Officer in a temp position for our client in Liverpool.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with 3 years prior experience within a role.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• To manage the confidential administrative support to the Business and Operations Manager and the staff at a full time Adult Education Centre.
• To manage the administration support to ensure that standard administrative and clerical functions are carried out.
• To ensure all relevant information is monitored at the Centre.
• To assist in providing advice guidance and information to students and the public in relation to course queries
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• To supervise the administration staff to ensure that work is prioritised, and carried out in accordance with service priorities, policies and procedures.
• To maintain systems and procedures that ensures accurate data capture, recording, maintenance and retrieval of learner information in accordance to service standards and procedures.
• To assist in the implementation of the service policies and procedures relating to the health and safety ensure that Health and Safety legislation is adhered to.
• To ensure that all documentation and associated records relating to service finances, human resources and payroll, are completed, up to date, and maintained to the required (LCC) standards.
• To facilitate learner enrolment by providing excellent customer service, information and guidance and undertake assigned duties and processing associated documents and fee payments.
• To support the day to day work of the service eg photocopying, faxing, filing, answer the telephone and produce documents and spreadsheets.
• Process all financial orders on SAP, liaise with Procurement, Exchequer Management and assist the Business Support and Operations Manager in all aspects of finance.
• To enrol students and be responsible for accurate completion of documents relating to learner enrolments and all aspects of collection of fees, issuing of receipts and, setting up instalment plans, reconciliation of income, completing banking of money/fees/income.
• Liaise with supporting centres to ensure all monitoring data is collected and returned to officers
• To prepare statistical information for managers/service needs
• To input service data into a variety of XL spreadsheets eg OTL, CRB, staff development and staff database.
• To act as Oracle line managers for sessional staff-inputting wages/sickness/RTW dates/leavers notification.
• To assist in the effective running of an Adult Learning Centre ensuring maintenance, safekeeping, recording of rooms, resources, equipment located at the centre.
• To provide confidential business support to managers, curriculum, exams officer and Business Support and Operations Manager in Adult Learning Centres.
• To ensure the safe and secure storage of money on site.
• Organise and attend meetings and provide administrative support in the production of agendas and minutes
• Any other duties within the services frame of reference and commensurate with the grade of the post.
• It is expected that the officer will participate fully in:
• Staff Development Policy and Practice
• Training Opportunities, which are made available
• The organisation and delivery of in-service training
• Performance Review
The ideal candidate will have experience in administrative duties such as minute taking and diary management. They will also have knowledge of IT software and practices.
Relevant Level 3 qualification or equivalent experience
Start date: ASAP
Hours per week: 35
If you are interested in this role please apply or call 01707663777.