Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Environmental Services Operations Manager
Date: 18 Sep 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Environmental Services Operations Manager in a temp position for our client in Richmond.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with 5 years prior experience within a role.
• To lead, manage and be responsible for the performance of a local authority contract in environmental services within a demanding commercial environment.
• To include the strategic development, improvement and growth of the section of the business you are responsible for.
• To implement and manage a robust health & safety (people, vehicles, operations & environment) culture in full compliance with corporate governance policies, procedures and systems and all relevant legislation ensuring compilation of data and commitment to improving the safety and welfare of our people and environment within which we work
• Ensure that we adhere to and improve upon Serco’s community and environmental goals and aspirations
• To develop, implement and manage a robust strategy and annual plan for the Contract to meet the contractual requirements and business targets, including growth and be accountable for its operational delivery
• To conduct regular team meetings, monitoring and taking action to ensure business targets are met, including submitting accurate and timely reports to the appropriate line management
• To ensure the day to day running of the service is maximised to performance and use of equipment and labour
• To implement rigorous processes for performance and measurement utilising and/or developing the appropriate suite of KPI’s and using the data to drive decision making and operational improvements
• Maximise opportunities for growth and/or the efficiency of resource deployed on the contract
• To represent and promote Serco’s approach to customers, stakeholders, the community and the public, fostering a partnership approach to relationships
• To develop and maintain a network of relationships with the customer, potential customers, partners and stakeholders (to include employees, trade union representatives and any other relevant bodies) in order to anticipate and meet customers and stakeholders existing and future needs
• To drive customer service excellence and a continuous improvement culture
• Ensure that your section of the business remains at the leading edge of service delivery and value, benchmarking against the appropriate family group and/or competitors, using data to drive improvement
• To provide operational management to the business such that all employees understand and adopt the strategy and plans and are motivated to achieve their objectives in a timely and professional manner
• To recruit, motivate and develop a team to deliver the objectives of the service and collaborate on achieving the overall performance goals of the business
• To ensure that the business is fully resourced with a team who have the necessary strengths and integrity to be able to operate in accordance with values, process and procedure
• To ensure that the contract is optimally structured, reviewed, managed and operated accordingly (people, vehicles, and operations)
• To ensure that best practice is in place for the delivery of the Contract using processes, procedures and systems which are aligned to those in place across Serco as appropriate and contribute towards continuous improvement and innovation within the business
Start date 24.08.2020
Hours per week 37
Management qualification level 3 or equivilent