Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Multi Trade Operative
Date: 29 Oct 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Multi Trade Operative in a temp position for our client located in Enfield. The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
The Multi Trade Operative is a key role aimed at delivering a range of minor responsive maintenance activities to a diverse customer base for the repairs team whilst collecting stock data.
The purpose of the role is, but not restricted to, to deliver an outstanding “Property MOT” service initially to our most vulnerable customers, by providing a flexible, productive and efficient response while attending to a wide range of property repair, maintenance and improvement works. At the same time ensuring Health and Safety, safeguarding issues and larger repairs are reported back for follow up by others with regard to the budget position.
The multi skilled role requires the completion of various tasks to be undertaken to enable the job to be completed without the need for a follow up visit. You will also gather stock condition data by way of a tick sheet which will be collated to inform future capital projects.
- Be the face of Enfield Council and ensure the success of the Pilot MOT service scheme.
- Liaise with our most vulnerable residents in the first instance, to visit occupied properties to deliver an excellent MOT service.
- With Residents present. Carry out and in-depth survey recording the condition of the property capturing external components, internal components including life expectancy, structure, and services. This robust information is to be fed back to inform and enable intelligent forward planning of Capital and Planned projects to ensure Budgets are properly focused.
- With resident present inspect for any health and safety issues and effect immediate repairs to ensure the home is made and left safe.
- Diagnose and value, via a schedule of rates (SORs) any further repairs to be raised to term contractors, being aware of budget limitations and implications
- Identify and report back any perceived instances of safeguarding issues. (following awareness training) maintaining an effective channel of communication with your Line Manager, customers and housing management.
- Be responsible for a Council supplied vehicle and tools to a typical value of £1000, and Contribute to the development of a core range of materials, consumables and individual vehicle stocks to meet the demand of the Property MOT service
- Responsible for your own health and safety and the safety of others as indicated in the company Health and Safety Policy. This will include complying with safe methods of work, use equipment safely, and contribute to risk assessments, use of PPE and reporting of incidents and accidents.
- Where appropriate, coach/train team members to share knowledge.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times, behaving in a respectful, courteous and polite manner to internal and external customers.
- Post Holder will make cold call appointments daily (number to be determined) in a pre alerted area
- Post holder will report daily on repairs completed, repairs needed and safeguarding issues
- Post Holder will be responsible for scrutiny of purchased stock and van care
- Post holder will attend regular meetings to determine trends and best practice.
- Diagnose and undertake maintenance and repair work to achieve right first time and outstanding customer service
- Carry out a stock condition survey
- Record and report back daily on larger repairs for follow up
- Record and report back daily on safeguarding issues for follow up
- Contribute to the financial viability of the service by ensuring all works reported are correctly coded
- Be flexible and prepared to carry out larger jobs at the request of the line manager to assist other stakeholders i.e. complaints dept
- Any other duties reasonably requested by management
- Carry out all accountability's in compliance with the Council’s Policies and Procedures
- Manage the information collected from site and ensure that there is good proactive communication between the relevant teams and information is provided in the required timescales.
- Manage stock purchase and keep clear records informing van stock.
- Consult with the relevant staff within Customer services to inform of safeguarding issues or wrongful use of council stock.
- Liaise with repairs team to help identify trends or preventative maintenance plans
- Customer Services Team, Repairs Team & Housing Management Team – to be the first point of contact for information regarding the team and either answer the query on ensure it is sign post to the right person.
- The Council has a strong commitment to achieving equality in its service to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand, comply with and promote its policies in their own work.
- Using work equipment, personal protective equipment, substances, and safety devices correctly; and
- Working in accordance with the training provided and only undertaking tasks where appropriate training has been received.
- Take part in safety training and risk assessments and suggest ways of reducing risks; and
- Take part in emergency evacuation exercises.
- Employees shall report all accidents, ‘near miss’ incidents and work-related ill health conditions to their manager/supervisor/team leader.
- Employees shall read the Corporate Health & Safety – Organisation Part B Policy to ascertain and understand their responsibilities as an employee, line manager, Assistant Director or Director of the Council.
- All staff working with Children & Vulnerable Adults should be aware of and share the commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults when applying for posts at Enfield Council.
- Diagnosing and prioritising specific work activities and tasks.
- Understanding of the concept of Value for Money and right first time working.
- Practical and proven working experience of your relevant trade.
- Working knowledge of current building regulations, construction industry safety regulations, relevant British standards and codes of Practice
- Ability to diagnose and report larger repairs
- Good H&S knowledge and ability to report issues
- Safeguarding awareness and ability to report issues
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Full driving license
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, regulatory framework particularly in relation to Local Government compliance.
- Clear understanding of repairs and maintenance process
- Familiarity with Nat Fed SORs associated with the repairs and maintenance.
Start date: 24.08.2020
Hours per week: 35
Full driving license
Full Enhanced DBS
NVQ or relevant qualification level 2
NVQ or relevant qualification level 3