Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Senior Environmental Health Officer (Grade 10)
Location: Dudley Metropolitan Borough
Date: 15 Sep 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Environmental Health Officer (Grade 10) in a temp position for our client in Dudley Council.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with 5 years prior experience within a role.
Purpose of the Job
To carry out duties as required for Covid 19 outbreak management and local Test & Trace delivery, including workplace advice and enforcement by actioning all relevant legislation enforced by Environmental Health including health & safety, food hygiene and safety and health protection/infectious disease legislation.
• Staff are asked to be flexible in their approach to their work within the Directorate. The Head of Environmental Health and Trading Standards may direct the post holder to carry out duties within other environmental health and public health areas as required.
• Main duties of the post are working within the Dudley Test & Trace Cell providing a response to Covid 19 notifications, responding to outbreak notifications, responding to complaints and enquiries from employers, employees and members of the public in relation to Covid 19 control.
• Work closely with a range of partners involved in response to Covid 19 pandemic including Dudley MBC public health consultants/officers and Health Protection Team, Emergency Planning, Public Health England, other local authorities and the Health & Safety Executive.
• Fieldwork on site including appropriate visits, advice and enforcement activities and the relevant administration relating to all environmental health activities including infectious disease control, food hygiene and safety and health and safety enforcement.
• The inspection, surveying and assessment of premises, their processes and practices relevant to the Section, including specialist inspection duties relevant to the specific Section where the post is based.
• Responding to complaints and enquiries relevant to the work of the Section.
• Advising both the public and Council on specialist duties, enquiries and general issues of concern.
• Providing specialist advice relevant to the work of the Section to all external and internal customers as directed by the Director of Public Health, Head of Environmental Health and Trading Standards or Public Protection Managers (Environmental Safety and Health/Food and Trading Standards).
• Dealing with any other work which may be assigned by the Head of Environmental Health and Trading Standards or Public Protection Manager from time to time.
• To attend and give evidence in Court with regard to legislation enforced by the Section, including as necessary the supervision of officers and appropriate consultants who may assist in the discharge of their responsibilities.
• To attend public meetings and committee meetings of the Council as required. To be available outside normal hours and be available for emergency call out as required.
• To carry out enforcement duties as required by actioning all relevant legislation. This will include, the officer being deemed competent under the Sections authorisation procedure, to sign, where appropriate relevant notices. For Senior officer grade, the relevant notices are:
• Emergency Prohibition Notices under section 12 of the Food Safety Act 1990 and Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Notices under Regulation 8 of The Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2013, in addition to all notices relating to seizure and detention of food.
• Prohibition Notices under Section 22 of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
• Enforcement Notices under the provisions of Regulation 36 of The Environmental Permitting (England & Wales) Regulations 2007 Suspension Notices under the provision of Regulation 37 of The Environmental Permitting (England & Wales) Regulations 2000.
• To be accountable for and promote equality, diversity and community cohesion to meet Council, Directorate and Service objectives. All employees have a responsibility not only for their own behaviour, but also for others regarding equality of opportunity. Any incident must be reported and investigated.
• To participate in and undertake Performance Review and Development meetings and undertake a personal training plan and devise team training plans to retain officer competence within budget constraints provided.To develop his/her own skills and expertise in a professional manner.
• In addition to all the responsibilities listed above, all employees must be flexible in their approach and undertake other duties that are commensurate with post holder’s level, wherever they may be, to achieve the objectives of the Directorate.
• To represent the Council and Directorate in a professional manner meeting the Corporate and Directorate aims. To comply with Directorate and Corporate policies.
• To be responsible for the recruitment and performance management of designated teams and individuals in accordance with Corporate and Directorate aims and management style.
• To comply with the council’s financial regulations and standing orders.
• To actively promote Dudley’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults at a level appropriate to this post.
• Employees must comply with health and safety legislation and will be required to comply with the Council’s Health and Safety Policies. All employees must ensure that they take reasonable care of their own health and safety as well as the health and safety of any person that is affected by their actions.
• To be responsible for adhering to legislative requirements and Council Policies and Procedures including, but not exclusively health & safety, Data Protection and Internet/Email use.
Environmental Health degree or similar level of qualification
Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board
Driving License and Car
Start date: 24.08.2020
Hours per week: 37
If you are interested please call 01707663777.