Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Planning Officer in a temp position for our client located in Hackney.
The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with two years prior experience within a role.
• The Planning Officer will be responsible for the processing of Development Management matters including within a function based team including responsibility for the handling of pre-application advice, major and minor planning applications, conditions, appeals including negotiations with developers and other interested parties, securing financial and other community benefits through legal agreements.
• The Planning Officer will ensure, in conjunction with colleagues, that statutory and legal obligations are delivered and communicated in a customer-focussed manner, optimising available resources, ensuring the best achievable outcome.
• The Planning Officer will be accountable to the Major Applications Team Leader and Deputy for achieving agreed Service outcomes and personal appraisal targets which uphold the Council’s Core Values and meet the challenges of best practice.
• To provide advice and support to junior colleagues within the service as required
• To represent the Council at appropriate Public Inquiries and Informal hearings
• To develop his/her skills base to enable him/her to undertake a wider range of duties and tasks, and where necessary, carry out appropriate training and/or academic qualifications.
• Support and advise more junior members of staff as required, ensuring they are adequately monitored and assisted to develop their skills.
• Contribute to the development of the Service and its statutory functions.
• Responsible for ensuring, in consultation with colleagues, that advice given and recommendations made have full and proper regard for the Council’s planning policies, standards and relevant Government legislation and guidance.
• Assist in adding value to the service delivered, in developing and implementing best practice and providing customer-focused standards in a regulatory environment.
• In conjunction with the appropriate Managers put into practical operation the key objectives of the service and Council in relation to Development Management, Positive Planning and related matters.
• To ensure that duties are carried out in accordance with the Council’s policies and Code of Conduct, with full regard to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
• Ensure that the administrative and technical procedures required to deal with tasks under the Planning Acts, Orders and Regulations, are carried out and work outcomes are of sufficiently high standard to comply with any systems in place to demonstrate quality.
• Take responsibility, in conjunction with colleagues, for undertaking such correspondence and discussions with the public and Council officers or other appropriate people as required for the determination of applications.
• Ensure, in conjunction with colleagues, necessary and effective consultation and liaison is carried out to facilitate the effective involvement of local interest and statutory bodies and other Council services with regard to Development Management matters.
• Progress a range of applications under the Planning Acts and negotiate planning agreements as required.
• Undertake planning appeals as or when required.
• Represent the Council at Public Local Inquiries, Informal Hearings and Court Hearings as required.
GCSE A-C in Maths and English
Hours per week: 36