Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Purchasing Support Officer in a temp position for our client located in Enfield.
The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with three years prior experience within a role.
• Provide support within the Exchequer Services for the P2P service, ensuring that the P2P systems are maintained and support to users is provided, to ensure the Council can purchase and pay suppliers.
• Deliver an effective, efficient and customer focused service in line with Corporate Policies and within national and local legislative requirements.
• Provide high quality and comprehensive technical and administrative customer focussed support to a team or service, in relation to any of the functions undertaken.
• Deliver a flexible, positive and responsive service that meets customer demands which may include working extended or flexible hours or working off-site.
• To keep up to date with developments and practices in the service.
• To provide holistic and integrated purchasing solutions for the Exchequer Services. The role is responsible for supporting the Council in the effective, efficient value for money purchasing of goods and services and supports the delivery of financial efficiencies.
• To work as part of the Exchequer Services to deliver purchasing support and purchase order governance. Ensuring compliance to audit regulations and Financial regulations.
• Maintain purchasing systems and processes within Exchequer Services.
• Understand and be responsive to the needs of the customer, offering technical advice and guidance both written and verbal, and present a positive and professional image to the customer at all times, ensuring a high standard of customer service.
• Provide specialist and procedural advice, identifying any difficulties visitors/service users may have in making an enquiry or receiving information and resolving disputes and complaints as they occur through investigation and mediation ensuring suitable methods of communication are monitored and provided.
• Maintain up to date knowledge to ensure effective operation of IT packages and systems used within the service and to be responsible for the data input/live loading, collation, upkeep and retrieval of Council wide IT based information in accordance with Council procedures.
• Develop, implement and maintain secure effective quality systems and procedures to ensure service delivery meets customer needs.
• Register applications to the Council for the service area involving checking for validity and ensuring appropriate fees and charges are administered and advising applicants where further information/monies is/are required.
• Prepare and present/provide information on behalf of the service including management and statistical information for audit purposes as well as providing reports to Committee, Members and external partners where appropriate.
• Contact other internal/external parties as required, including interrogation of external databases seeking and providing specialist procedural advice relevant to the service area, taking appropriate action and administering responses.
• Organise and attend regular team and service meetings, contribute ideas and make recommendations for improvements/changes in existing procedures, policies and processes, and actively contribute to service centre plan reviews.
• Attend meetings which are sometimes of a confidential and sensitive nature, taking minutes and producing accurate written records within agreed timescales
• To work as part of a project team and to assist in the delivery and completion of work projects, supporting different work streams, ensuring the successful completion of the project.
• Monitor goods and services within the Councils purchasing system as required by the service area and within the Councils financial regulations and resolve associated queries, liaising with Corporate Procurement where needed.
• Manage, organise and monitor a personal caseload to ensure targets are met within a personal, local and national context, renegotiating targets/deadlines as conflicting demands necessitate.
• Respond quickly and effectively to changing work demands and deadlines within a multi-disciplined context.
• Assist managers in carrying out Health and Safety checks/audits and be responsible for ensuring that public meeting areas are maintained as a safe and welcoming environment.
• Carry out all accountabilities in compliance with the Council’s Policies and Procedures.
Start date: 17.08.2020
Hours per week: 35