Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Neighbourhood Housing Officer in a temp position for our client in Lambeth.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with 2 years of prior experience within a role.
• The overall purpose of the Neighbourhood Housing Officer role is to deliver an integrated generic housing service to tenants and leasehold customers and to work closely with other teams, councillors and Tenants & Residents Associations to achieve sustainable tenancies in sustainable communities.
• To provide a proactive and customer focused housing management service across a designated area and to ensure that the Council fulfils its legal and contractual obligations to tenants and leaseholders.
• To act as a regular and visible presence on estates, taking action to make sure estates are safe and well maintained and provide advice, information and reports on any housing management matter.
• To support the Neighbourhood Housing Team deliver the Vulnerable Residents Offer.
• Deliver key housing management services to a high standard, ensuring that activities are delivered on time
• Provide assistance, advice and information to residents on the full range of tenancy and estate management services and work with other service areas (e.g repairs) to ensure all contractual responsibilities are met
• Update management information systems and databases with, for example, data relating to customer profiling, tenancy audits, estate inspections, anti-social behaviour and moving home applications
• Respond to complaints, members’ enquiries and problems of service delivery which are within the post holder’s responsibility and make suggestions for improving service delivery
• Ensure the efficient processing of allowances, rights to compensation, ex-gratia claims and discretionary awards in line with policy, audit and legal requirements
• Ensure the delivery of all services comply with relevant legislation and regulation.
• Investigate and manage abandoned properties
• Conduct tenancy checks and investigate tenancy fraud
• To manage decants including being point of contact for tenant liaison
• To carry out new tenant welcome visits and tenancy reviews
• Investigate and process tenancy changes e.g. succession, assignment, mutual exchange
• Provide specific advice and support both in person, via telephone, email and on estates; on areas relating to housing i.e. tenancy agreements, repairs, housing/tenancy support
• To coordinate and carry out routine site inspections and make appropriate recommendations in relation to communal repairs, fire safety and general health and safety
• To monitor contracts providing estates services
• To produce Estate Plans and work with other service areas to deliver these
• To identify nuisance and anti-social behaviour and in the first instance make an attempt to address the issue, referring to the Tenancy Enforcement Team if the identified problem continues for that team to investigate and remedy
• To investigate and manage other key breaches of tenancy e.g sub-letting
• To provide reports i.e. on management transfers or case work and actions
• To work effectively with partner agencies
• Identify the need for and promote tenant participation and community development initiatives
• Organise and attend community meetings, forums and events including evenings and occasionally at weekends
Educated to NQF level 3 (e.g. A Level / BTEC National Diploma) or have equivalent experience
Start date: 14.09.2020
Hours per week: 35
If you are interested in this role please call 01707663777.