Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker – Level 3 in a temp position for our client in Newport.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with 5 years of prior experience within a role.
Qualified Social Worker, to work as part of Adult Social Care in County Hall, Newport, Isle of Wight to work within Initial Adult Social Care Contact (IASCC) Team.
Car driver essential and worker is required to be on the island so they are able to carry out face to face assessments where appropriate. Start date is requested for as soon as possible.
You will be required to work 5 days per week, Monday - Thursday, 8.30am until 5pm and Friday 8.30am until 4.30pm = 37 hrs.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the role and the complexity of the work undertaken to achieve the best outcomes.
• Clear experience and operational knowledge of working in a busy and pressurised front line team
• Have a clear understanding of and experience working with Adult Social Care statutory duties under the Care Act 2014, Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and other primary legislation and guidance including Continuing Health care.
• To demonstrate person centred working
• To facilitate and support individuals to complete a needs assessment using a strengths-based approach, which focuses on the skills and abilities, considers their networks of support both within families and the wider community.
• To be able to record to a high standard and evidence base work
• Work well within a multi-agency team
Candidates must have:
• Appropriate social care training e.g. Mental Capacity Act 2005, Safeguarding, child protection.
• Completed Care Act, MCA Dols and Human Rights Act training including Making Safeguarding Personal training
• Diploma in Social Work
• Evidence of CPD
• Knowledge and commitment to Making Safeguarding Personal
• Experience in Safeguarding
• A CRB enhanced clearance
• A Current UK Driving Licence
• Flexible and adaptable
• Fully Computer Literate
• Knowledge of Social Work Theory, practice and values
CRB Enhanced Clearance
UK Driving License
4 GCSEs A*-C inc. English and Maths
Diploma in Social Work
Start date: 03.08.2020
Hours per week: 37
If you are interested in this role please call 01707663777.