Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Rough Sleeper Hub Worker (Scale 5) in a temp position for our client in Enfield.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
Do you aspire to reduce the number of people sleeping rough? Do you wish to give support to rough sleepers, help them to live independently and help them to find longer term accommodation?
Have you considered working night shifts?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to help end rough sleeping and homelessness in Enfield. If you have answered yes to any of the above, we may have the ideal role for you.
This is a full-time role of 35 hours a week. The position will be shift work including night shifts hours can be discussed at Interview Stage.
You will work as part of a team in our 16-sleep pod - 24 hour Somewhere Safe to stay Hub for rough sleepers with low to medium support needs.
• Provide waking night support, taking responsibility for all aspects of the safety and security of the hub whilst on shift.
• First contact support for new rough sleepers referred to the Hub and swift assessment of their support needs to ensure they meet the criteria of the Hub.
• Provide an immediate response to customer(s) in the event of a health or other emergency, taking prompt action.
• Work with customer(s), as directed, and on own initiative, providing support.
• Carry out comprehensive assessments of needs.
• Work with customers and other agencies to put in place, and regularly review, personalised support plans to help rough sleepers meet their support needs and find suitable longer-term accommodation with appropriate support.
• Undertake regular security checks of the building, reporting any observations relating to Health and Safety to senior staff at the earliest opportunity.
• Undertake light cleaning duties of the office and communal areas of the hub as appropriate and as directed by the line manager.
• Attend regular performance management meetings, staff meetings and any other meetings as directed by the Manager.
• Ensure safeguarding protocols are followed.
• Implement good practice in Health and Safety.
Please note this is a new role and that the duties may differ from listed responsibilities.
We require someone who has good communication skills and an understanding of the issues that affect vulnerable clients. You will need to be able to interact in a positive and friendly manner with clients and be passionate about working in a service that supports vulnerable adults.
You should have a basic level of numeracy and literacy skills and the ability to use your initiative; to identify the appropriate action to take in various situations. You should have good IT skills including ability to maintain appropriate reporting and filing systems. You’ll also be expected to be reliable, punctual, always awake and alert during your shift and act with integrity, within our policies and procedures.
As Rough Sleeper Hub Worker, you will be part of a team environment working closely with those affected by rough sleeping. You will carry out comprehensive assessments of people new to, or at risk of rough sleeping, and provide a personalised case management service, turning assessment recommendations into a practical action plans which fully involves the client. You will develop a knowledge of basic housing legislation, welfare benefit legislation and other matters relevant to support the moving on of our customers.
In these vital roles it is essential that you are flexible to work on the nightly shifts including weekends and bank holidays, to ensure services are accessible to those who are homeless, at the time they most need our support. You will be willing to attend occasional meetings and training, outside normal working hours.
These roles will suit those with experience of working at pace in a public facing environment. You will need some understanding of the issues faced by homeless or vulnerable people and the difficulties they experience in accessing services. If you have good communication skills, are able to work with others whilst managing your own time and have the ability to empower individuals to make positive changes and a willingness to develop these valuable skills we want to hear from you.
Above all we are looking for inspirational, committed individuals who have a genuine desire to support people to rebuild their lives.
Enhanced DBS and barred list check (adults)
Start date: 10.08.2020
Hours per week: 35
If you are interested in this role please call 01707663777.