Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Social Worker - Principal (Grade 8)
Date: 05 Aug 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker (Grade 8) for a senior role in a temp position for our client located in Cardiff.
The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with two years prior experience within a Social Worker role.
Cardiff Council currently have two vacant senior social worker post.
The successful candidate will need to be experienced in adult social work / safeguarding & complex case management, undertaking mental capacity assessments and Best Interest Decisions, DoLS, court of protection work, supporting carers and experience of continuing healthcare.
The worker will be based at County Hall but for the mean it will be agile home working Base County Hall however working from home at the current time.
Social Workers may also be involved in care and private law proceedings. Cardiff Intake and Assessment Teams are established with experienced staff who support each other during challenging times.
Agency personnel are valued by Cardiff Council; training opportunities are available to everyone to ensure continued professional development.
The successful candidate will have experience of assessment, care planning, person centre planning and care management skills working actively with all partners to identify and meet individuals care support needs.
You will be an experienced Social Worker and have excellent skills in assessment and the ability to write concise records and reports with a great attention to detail.
You will be a good team player, have excellent communication and flexibility as well as great organisational and IT skills.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
• Ability to assess and manage risk
• Ability to reflect and identify possible solutions to problems
• Advocacy skills
• Ability to work positively to achieve change
• Ability to audit and quality assure and to make use of performance information
• Ability to enable learning and professional development in practice and to motivate others
• Leadership and negotiation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Competent IT user
• Commitment to developing practice in order to improve outcomes for children
• Commitment to the principles of partnership and of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
• Able to work in a flexible manner to meet the needs of the service
• Ability to drive
Education and Training:
• Professional level qualification in social work
• 3 GCSEs at Grades A*-C or equivalent including English and Mathematics
Full Driving License
Start date: 03.08.2020
Hours per week: 37
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested in this role please call 01707663777