Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Qualified Social Worker - Children's
Date: 18 Sep 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Qualified Social Worker – Children’s in a temp position for our client in Shropshire.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment has access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
The post holder will be:
• Responsible to the Team Manager who is in turn responsible for the post holder’s health and safety, training and development.
• To visit and work with families as required, assessing and re-assessing children’s needs and to carry out duties under the Children Act with particular references to Sections 17 and 47
• To act as a Case Manager where children are identified as being in need and co-ordinate Core Groups, as appropriate
• To act as Key Worker in cases where a Child Protection Plan is in operation
• To provide and contribute to Single Assessments as required
• To contribute to and to develop ways of identifying and assessing children determined to be in need within the criteria set out in the Children’s Services Plan
• To provide children and families with particular information and advice to assist in resolving problems.
• To liaise with other agencies on behalf of service users, to co-ordinate the various resources and arrange specific types of assistance
• To carry out statutory duties as authorised by the Group Manager, Safeguarding Service and The People’s Director
• To present evidence and reports to Courts as required
• To attend and prepare for Case Conferences as determined by Directorate policies
• To take part in the office duty system as required
• To maintain computerised records and documentation in accordance with approved Policies and Procedures
• To work in collaboration with parents, guardians, carers and other professionals in relation to Children Looked After and to maintain records in accordance with LAC requirements
• The post holder may be required from time to time, to undertake other duties appropriate to this grade which may not be specifically mentioned in this job description
The post holder will ensure they:
• adopt a customer focused approach when delivering their service, ensuring engagement with service users and maintenance of an appropriate personal profile,
• act as an advocate for their service and work collaboratively with colleagues across the whole Council to meet the needs of the people of Shropshire,
• meet individual, service and personal development targets agreed through the Personal Development Review Process, learn from experience and are committed to continuous improvement individually and as an employee of the Council,
• work with colleagues to meet the team’s key performance indicators, support a culture of team working and ensure the team functions successfully in support of the Council’s corporate and service objectives.
• meet the behaviours and competencies adopted by the Council in the way in which they achieve their objectives and carry out their work.
Full Driving License
Registered with HCPC
5 GCSEs including Maths and English (C and above)
Experience or qualification in social work
Experience working with children with additional needs and disabilities
5 years of references
Start Date: 22.07.2020
Pay rate: £18.67
Hours per week: 37