Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Procurement Support Officer
Date: 17 Jul 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Procurement Support Officer in a temp position for our client in Essex.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you just enjoy your hard-earned money each week
Training and development opportunities that meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you.
The Procurement Support Officer will support the Procurement function in various aspects, including managing and fielding supplier queries, supporting market engagement events and providing contract administration.
A key aspect of this role is to support care providers to claim covid costs from the ECC covid funding pot; to validate any claims and to ensure timely payment of claims to care providers.
The individual will work in the Older People Procurement team.
The Procurement Support Officer will also support the delivery of research and analysis which informs category plans and potential improvements to the management of suppliers and markets. The individual will seek opportunities to remove waste, implement technologies and automate processes within existing contractual restrictions.
The role requires good analytical skills to explore alternative solutions which meet customer requirements.
• Support the Procurement function, including managing and fielding supplier queries, market engagement events and providing contract administration.
• Lead on the delivery and development of contract and supplier amendment and update processes including, contract novations, price uplifts and onboarding new suppliers to ECC, liaising with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
• Deliver robust research and analysis to support the team and ensure category plans are up to date and the management of suppliers and markets meet client needs.
• Deal effectively with supplier correspondence, ensuring that messaging is conducted in a fair, transparent and auditable manner.
• Support the delivery of low risk sourcing processes, ensuring compliance with the Council’s Procurement Policy and Procedures.
• Support the development, planning and delivery of improvement projects, ensuring effective stakeholder management and compliance with existing contractual requirements.
• Adopt a continuous improvement approach to systems and processes to support the development of best practice for wider department benefit.
• Support on reporting requirements with particular focus on performance management, risk management and corporate measures.
• Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Educated to RQF level 3 (A Level) or experience of working in a commercial environment. Interested in pursuing a career in procurement and either studying for or wishing to study for CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) accreditation.
• Ability to develop knowledge and skills in role.
• Basic knowledge of public sector procurement law.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel to enable analysis of datasets. Solid working knowledge of PowerPoint and MS Word.
• Good communication verbal, written and presentation skills with strong customer focus and a drive to provide a valued service.
This role will be working from home and offers flexible hours - ideally full time however part time will be considered. The assignment will initially be for 6 weeks with the possibility of extension based on performance and need. Ideal candidate will already be fully compliant and ready to start asap.
Start date: 27.07.2020
Hours per week: 37
If you are interested in this role, please call us on 01707663777.