Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Registered Manager in a temporary position for our client in Cardiff.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
• To provide effective leadership and be accountable for the safe and efficient management of the Respite children’s home
• To ensure that the home achieves compliance with its Statement of Purposes (SoP) at all times and that the children and young people placed at the home receive the appropriate support to enable them to achieve positive and agreed outcomes in line with their care and support plans.
• To meet the fit persons requirements of a Registered Manager with the approval of CIW.
• To fulfil all duties and responsibilities of a Registered Manager as required by the Regulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) 2016.
Provide effective leadership by:
• Accepting responsibility and accountability for all the day to day activities of the home and providing an example to be followed by others, creating an open, positive and inclusive atmosphere in the home.
• Developing and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including Health colleagues, Education colleagues, members of the local community, children, young people and their families, CIW, Case Management Social Workers.
• Representing the home to relevant individuals and organisations to ensure that the home and the services it provides is well recognised and achieves and maintains positive recognit6ion both with professionals, children and young people and their families and members of the local community.
• Ensure that the home’s SoP, is accurate up to date and regularly reviewed to ensure that compliance is achieved at all times
• Define values and policies which take into account the requirements, expectations and policies of the home, Children’s Services and Cardiff Council ensuring that key operational policies are maintained and available to employees, children and young people resident at the home as appropriate.
• Actively promote understanding, implementation and compliance with the agreed model of care for the home (eg, Restorative Approaches) and behaviour support programme (Strategies for Crisis Intervention & Prevention) and establish an effective key work system to support this, which includes the provision of individual and group work.
• To take the role of Practice Leader, supporting and encouraging a Signs of Safety culture within the service.
• Develop a performance management framework using Results Based Accountability methodology (RBA) that complies with the regulatory requirement to produce an annual quality of care report (Regulation 33 of the Children’s Homes (Wales) Regulations 2002) and makes provision for quarterly and annual performance report cards that provide evidence of the level of service provided, the quality of service provided and the difference that the service has made to children and young people placed at the home.
• Regularly and frequently seek the views of individual residents, their parents (unless this is inappropriate) case management social worker and staff employed at the home, and ensure that these feed into the review of the quality of care.
• Promote the ideals of continuous improvement within the home and share ideas, initiatives, evidence based practice etc, with colleagues on a regular basis.
Start date: 20.07.2020
Hours per week: 37
Level 5 Diploma in leadership for Health & Social Care Services
You must be registered with Social Care Wales
Basic Criminal Check (DBS)