Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Benefits and Housing Needs Officer - SO2
Location: Hackney, London
Date: 20 Jul 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Benefits and Housing Needs Officer in a temp position for our client located in Hackney. The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior Benefits and Housing Needs Officer experience within a role.
The team will provide support to single people with low mental health needs, ex-offenders and those who struggle to access the benefits system. Part of this will be offering accommodation. The aim of this role is to procure and co-ordinate a supply of specialised private rented sector accommodation for single people with low mental health needs, ex-offenders and those who struggle to access the benefits system.
This will involve:
- Working with existing specialist providers to secure suitable accommodation in the private rented sector
- Building relationships with new providers to increase the supply of suitable private rented sector accommodation
- Working closely with The Rough Sleeping Coordinator and the Outreach Team
- Developing Service Level Agreements to ensure providers respond to the needs of the client group and meet health and safety requirements
Skills & Experience:
- An understanding of the London housing market and the barriers faced by single people moving out of homelessness and into housing.
- Experience of negotiating and communicating effectively both orally and in writing with business partners and stakeholders.
- Strong networking skills demonstrating the ability to build constructive relationships with stakeholders including social and private landlords and other homelessness organisations
- An awareness of Welfare Benefits and Housing legislation
- Proficient at using computer software to communicate and record information
- Experience of developing service level agreements
- Proven ability to understand financial information
- Detailed knowledge of health and safety standards relating to private rented sector accommodation
- Photo ID
- 5 years references
- DBS Summary
- Declaration of interest