Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Refuse driver (LGV)
Salary:£13.51 per hour
Date: 30 Sep 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Refuse driver (LGV) in a temporary position for our client in Barnet.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
Main purpose for this job is to assist in the delivery of a high-quality cleansing service throughout the borough; in accordance with the Council’s policies and service specification.
The Operative will work either individually or as a member of a team and be responsible for the use of service vehicles or any ancillary equipment associated with the provision of the street cleansing service.
• To carry out street cleansing duties to include the removal and collection of dirt, weeds, leaves, dog excreta, glass, litter and refuse
• To investigate fly tipping & dumping, record details of findings, report in writing and orally to Enforcement Officers/Supervisors and undertake/organise removal
• To empty and service litterbins
• To deal with/remove fly-posting and smaller areas of graffiti recording all incidents and report removal of larger areas to the Supervisor
• To be trained in and operate street cleansing equipment, including mechanical sweepers, in a safe manner and safe working procedures
• Act clearly and responsibly as a reversing assistant when a vehicle is manoeuvring or reversing
• Be responsible for the cleanliness of the vehicles including the cab and ensure that unauthorised works are not undertaken
• To report environmental defects to the Supervisor to include vandalism, potholes, broken footpaths, damaged/defective street furniture etc
• Monitor and report on the cleanliness conditions and record standards of work carried out
• To ensure that allocated tasks are correctly completed to include all work record sheets, time sheets, and any other administrative tasks.
• To ensure all accidents and near misses are reported in a timely manner and as soon as possible in detail
• To ensure all incidents with Members of the public other staff are reported in a timely manner and as soon as possible in detail
• To ensure all daily work is completed, including but not limited to, bin collections, correct return of bins, clearance of any spillages, vehicle tipping and refuelling
Start date: 13.07.2020
Hours: 36 hours a week
Qualification: GCSE grade A-C in Maths and English