Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Homeless Assessment Officer
Location: Ropewalks, Liverpool
Date: 01 Oct 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Homeless Asssessment Officer in a temporary position for our client in Ropewalks area, Liverpool.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
Work duties will be:
• To deputise for the Team Leaders as required.
• To work with people in housing need and those who are potentially homeless to identify and address their housing and support needs. To identify problems causing their potential homelessness and provide them with tailored advice and assistance to secure alternative settled accommodation and prevent their becoming homeless.
• To work proactively with relevant Council departments, partners and private and registered social landlords to ensure that effective support is identified and implemented to prevent homelessness, ensure timely assessments and support clients into settled accommodation.
• To identify the support needs of service users and make appropriate referrals to other Council teams and external agencies.
• To ensure performance targets are met maintaining full and accurate records of all contact on the appropriate IT or manual systems.
• To ensure manual and computerised records are updated in an accurate and timely manner, and that data relevant to the future development of homelessness prevention and assessment services is written up and reported in an appropriate format.
• Assisting clients to access and signposting to other statutory, non statutory and voluntary agencies where relevant.
• To highlight any concerns about service users where appropriate to the appropriate agency (e.g. concerns about child protection or adult abuse).
• Completion of risk assessments in respect of service users and for communicating these appropriately and confidentially to other staff in the City Council or to other agencies.
• To participate with colleagues in any ‘out-of-hours’ rota and to deal with emergency situations occurring outside normal office hours.
Specific Duties will include:
• To investigate and determine the status of those presenting as homeless as referred to the team.
• To undertake direct work with clients via home visits where appropriate to provide potentially homeless applicants with a full appraisal of their situation identifying and discussing a range of options for them to consider.
• To work in a flexible manner across the Housing Options Service and to cover for other posts of the same grade as necessary.
• Availability / requirement to work from (or into) any location within the city boundary and to conform to the standards and working practices of each location utilised by the service.
• To provide a range of assistance and support to prevent homelessness including work relating to asylum seekers, mortgage rescue scheme and when necessary representing clients at court hearings in regards to possession proceedings.
• Post holder will be expected to staff and work from a duty / reception desk from time to time as directed by the Service Manager.
• Post holder will be expected to use the electronic calendar and input into the E-Rota system.
Hours per week: 35
Start date: 29.06.2020
2 years references