Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Assistant Social Work Team Manager (Child Care)
Location: Wrexham, Wales
Salary:£35.00 per hour
Reference:BBS/MANAGER AT WALES
Date: 14 Jul 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Assistant Team Manager (Child care) in an ongoing position for our client in Wrexham (North Wales).
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
To assist the Team Manager to manage the social work service which safeguards from harm and promotes the wellbeing of children in need / vulnerable adults to the designated client group of people who need care and support, and their carers, across the Borough in line with departmental policy based on relevant legislation. When required, to assist the Team Manager to manage other fieldwork services for that same client group. To assist in the efficient management of the resources of the team with particular regard to the quality of service provision in accordance with WCBC policy and statutory requirements, within a given budget.
Each Assistant Team Manager will manage between 5 to 15 staff. This will include social work degree and other students.
Management of Operations
• To assist the Team Manager in advice on professional practice, and in managing the team through its procedures and activities so that it provides an efficient service and high quality service for its clients.
• To assist the Team Manager in ensuring the Team operates effectively to meet the needs of the individual clients in line with legislative responsibility, and that the team's approach is sensitive and appropriate to those needs.
• To assist the Team Manager in ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation e.g. Children Act 1989 and Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act, Regulations and codes of practice / policy and compliance with policies and procedures of Wrexham County Borough and in particular the Children & Young People Service / Adult Social Care “Scheme of Delegation” and to ensure the duties are carried out by self and staff:
• To ensure assessments and reviews are carried out in a timely manner.
• To ensure that visits to people in need of care and support, their families and carers meet minimal time schedules and are appropriately recorded.
• To assist the team to be able to respond to constant change, conflicting priorities and deadlines.
• To assist in Safeguarding of Children / Adults and other investigations and ensure compliance with the All Wales Child Protection / Adult Protection Procedures in order to safeguard and protect children and adults from harm.
• To investigate customer complaints.
Management of People
• To plan, allocate and evaluate work carried out by the team in order to affect efficient running of the service.
• To provide guidance and supervision to all staff which, will include social work degree and other students.
• To assist in the development of effective teams and facilitation of positive working relationships.
• To assist in the selection and recruitment of staff as necessary
• To undertake regular team meetings, supervision, assessment, appraisal, and training for all staff, offering support, and monitoring performance with reference to the relevant employee capability, grievance and disciplinary procedures
• To identify risks and hazards and promote safe working practices to comply with legislation and health and safety procedures.
• To manage potential contentious or complex issues which require tact, persuasion and sensitivity (within the application of operational guidelines).
• To provide support and development to social work degree and other students and be fully responsible for their assessment.
• To assist in the monitoring and improvement of staff attendance and sickness absence in line with the procedures.
• To Chair team and other staff meetings.
Observation, Assessment, Planning & Evaluation
• The setting-up of care planning activities and evaluating evidence for assessment of need / appropriate mental capacity / best interests (as appropriate) and care plan approaches.
• The setting-up of mechanisms for monitoring and evaluating delegated actions from care plans.
• The implementation of procedures to derive and interpret information related to the care of a client.
Management of Information - Administration & Record-keeping
• To produce, and ensure that staff produce clear, precise and understandable records, reports and other documentation within the framework of record-keeping laid down by the Department, including the preparation and provision of specialist reports as required.
• To ensure that legislation and procedures are adhered to.
• To monitor and check standards by seeking, evaluating and organising information.
• To assist in ensuring all relevant data on individuals accessing the service is collected, monitored and reviewed.
• To complete, accurate, concise and legible records that relate to the post e.g. staff related information, risk assessments, rotas, incident/accident forms, reports etc.
• To assist in responding to requests for information e.g. audits, Freedom of Information requests.
Performance and Change Management
• To assist in developing and implementing improvements to system and service delivery to ensure the provision of high quality services that are responsive to children, young people / vulnerable adults and their parents/families/carers.
• To operate in accordance with objectives, targets and timescales laid down by the Team Manager.
• To assist in promoting a culture of continuous improvement within the team through Performance management.
Hours Per Week: 37.00
Start Date: 26.06.2020