Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Strategic Planning Manager
Location: Hackney, London
Date: 30 Jun 2020
- Experience of creating, planning, and implementing programmes of work to agreed timescales and budgets.
- Experience of managing budgets and generating income.
- Experience of successfully engaging with diverse communities with the aim of building positive and productive relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of planning and regeneration in a multi-cultural inner-city context.
- Experience of undertaking complex but thorough risk assessments and implementing recommendations to ensure compliance with Health and Safety Legislation and Council Policies.
- In depth experience in leading and managing Planning Policy Teams and applying effective performance management techniques.
- A relevant qualification in Town Planning and eligibility for membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
- High level technical knowledge and experience in producing planning policy documents as well as design guidance, gained from working within a local planning authority or equivalent private sector experience
- A thorough understanding of current planning policy and relevant legislation which governs this area of work.
- A thorough understanding of current planning policy
- To be able to demonstrate a political awareness needed for balancing political drivers with strategic priorities, to build solid relationships with elected members, and to work in a highly politicised environment.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills to address complex problems and deliver effective solutions.
- The ability to negotiate at a high level to be able to deal with conflict effectively.
- The ability to lead, empower and motivate a team, and to build and contribute to effective work relationships and partnerships.
- An ability to understand and manage technical and financial issues relevant to complex projects.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a wider leadership structure, to manage conflicting priorities in a pressurised work environment subject to frequently changing circumstances, and to acquire new skills and knowledge, and a commitment to learning.
- Able to make decisions that demonstrate a commitment to the Council’s vision for a better Hackney.
- Able to work across service boundaries to secure ownership for corporate initiatives.
- A track record of delivering programmes and projects in a manner that promotes equality of opportunity.
- 2 Years references
- Start Date: 29/06/2020