Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Location: Hackney, London
Date: 18 Sep 2020
- Qualified solicitor or barrister (Supreme Court of England and Wales/English Bar) or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives
- Experience of undertaking a caseload of both routine and non-routine legal matters
- Experience of providing clear, consistent, and accurate legal advice to clients on the interpretation of the law
- Experience of using a case management system.
- Experience of undertaking a caseload of complex legal matters
- Experience in one or more of the following areas of law relevant to the team in which the post holder will be working:
- Experience of advocacy
- Experience of researching and presenting complex legal arguments
- Experience of achieving chargeable hours targets.
- Experience of providing legal services to clients to agreed standards and of implementing client care policies and initiatives.
- Understanding of the workings of local government and the issues affecting a multi-cultural inner-city area.
- IT literate
- Ability to provide high quality legal services to clients across the Council.
- Ability to manage a demanding caseload of legal matters
- Ability to achieve chargeable hours targets
- Ability to represent the Council in courts and tribunals
- Client care skills
- Ability to comply with practice management and other professional standards
- Ability to use a case management system effectively and record at least 1200 chargeable hours per annum
- Highly developed communication skills both oral and written
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to embrace and implement the Council’s Equalities Policy
- To be able to attend meetings, including evening meetings as and when required
- A CRB check will be required where the post-holder has dealings with Adult Social Services and Children’s Services.
- 2 Years References
- Law Degree
- Start Date: 29/06/2020