Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Maintenance Surveyor (E)
Date: 04 Jun 2020
- Arrange appointments with customers to survey properties.
- Inspect and diagnose defects in building fabric and associated services.
- Write clear specifications and schedules of work instructions to remedy defects.
- Produce costed schedules of work using schedules of rates or spot price estimating.
- Where appropriate write reports to refer repair work for inclusion in larger major repair programmes.
- Supervise maintenance work for responsive, void property and A&A works in progress.
- Issue variation orders and further instructions as and when required.
- Evaluate, approve, or reject claims and invoices received from contractors in accordance with the terms of contracts and the Contract Procedure Rules and Financial Regulations.
- Inspect and sign off completed work and deal with substandard work as per the provisions stipulated within contracts.
- Investigate and respond to customer enquiries in a timely manner in accordance with service standards.
- Investigate poor feedback and complaints received from residents and take immediate action to remedy dissatisfaction or manage the complaint following the organisation’s complaints procedure.
- Respond to enquiries from FOI requests, Councillors, MPs, Ombudsman, and other statutory bodies.
- Obtain fee proposals from specialists and consultants by issuing clear written briefs for the services required.
- Instruct and manage specialist contractors and consultants where required to ensure objectives and standards are being delivered.
- Obtain tenders and quotations in accordance with the Contract Procedure Rules.
- Evaluate tenders and quotations, complete tender register and write tender reports with recommendations.
- Issue orders to contractors, suppliers and consultants using the purchase order systems in place.
- Maintain appropriate records relating to Projects, Dwellings, Blocks, Tenancy Files, etc.
- Ensure all interested parties are kept informed with information required and at the appropriate time.
- Deal with insurance claims in accordance with the terms of the block policy.
- Ensure appropriate communications for section 20 notices are issued to leaseholders where required.
- Provide technical support to non-technical staff and the customer contact centre as and when required.
- Monitor and report on the performance of contractors engaged on service contracts and works related to statutory compliance.
- Manage and supervise works under your control to ensure compliance with statutory duties in relation to asbestos, legionella, fire risk, estate safety and other compliance areas.
- Attend contract review meetings where required with supply chain partners and estate walkabouts with housing management staff and resident groups.
- To undertake such other duties as appropriate to the grade and designation of the post as required by the Head of Property Services.
- GCSE or equivalent English & Maths
- Recognised Building/Technical Qualification HNC, HND, degree / diploma in building surveying,
- Estate management, facilities management
- Appropriate experience that is deemed to be the equivalent.
- Domestic Building Construction and Maintenance
- Building Pathology
- Health & Safety including CDM Regulations
- Building and Planning Regulations
- Schedules of Rates
- Customer Care
- Handling difficult situation
- Contract administration
- Project supervision
- Diagnosing defects in buildings
- Writing specifications and schedules of work
- Estimating repair costs using schedules of rates
- Managing insurance claims
- Working with specialists and consultants
- Driving Licence
- 2 Years References