Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Youth Support Worker
Location: Chelmsford Essex
Date: 22 Jun 2020
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment has access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you just enjoy your hard-earned money each week
Training and development opportunities that meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you.
Youth Support Worker Please note – This role does not commence until September 2020.
Please see attached a full job description. The Role: Contribute to the development and delivery of a programme of imaginative activities, encouraging the active participation of young people in developing their skills and understanding of others and the world around them.
Job Purpose Summary:
To work with young people by:
- Making contact and establishing relationships with young people.
- Encouraging and enabling young people to participate in a range of personally challenging activities.
- Ensuring access to information and personal support, which enables young people to develop the confidence and skills to become creative, active, and critical participants in the wider community.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Understand the needs of your customers and deliver the best possible outcomes through exemplar behaviour in accordance with ECC’s Values and Core Organisational Behaviours
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries in support of key outcomes
- To contribute to development of organisational capability by taking ownership of your own training and development, including identifying and taking part in training and development activity and responding to feedback on performance
- Thinking creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement and commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in colleagues
- Take responsibility for identifying and actioning areas of risk including Health and Safety and Business Continuity
- Work as part of project or process teams as required under the new operating model, ensuring excellent cross functional output
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified at level 2 or above in a JNC recognised Youth Work Qualification or be prepared to undertake and have completed required training and accreditation within 2 years of starting.
- Excellent level of numeracy, literacy (GCSE A – C or equivalent or demonstrable experience) and ICT
- Experience of working with young people which may be in a voluntary role
- Ability to build relationships and relate well to young people
- Ability to motivate young people and facilitate young people’s learning
- Commitment to challenging prejudice and ignorance
- Ability to develop work with young people to achieve planned outcomes
- Ability to work as part of a team
- The job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Depending on the geographical area, access to a vehicle or another efficient mode of transport will be required
- Ability to work across Essex as per service needs
- Ability to undertake evening, weekend, residential work as required to meet service needs.
- Enhanced DBS
- DVLA Web Check
- 5 Years References