Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Refuse & Team Leader/LGV Driver
Location: West Lancashire District, Lancashire
Reference: BBS/WEST LANCASHIRE
Date: 04 Jun 2020
BBS Recruitment is an independent recruitment agency for the transport and logistics sector, supplying to a variety of clients across West Lancashire.
We are recruiting on behalf of our client in West Lancashire for HGV class 2 refuse drivers who are keen to start work immediately.
For this position, there is an induction to attend before starting work, (Dates will be discussed).
- To assist the Operational Supervisory Officers / Assistant Operational Supervisor's in the management and supervision of the service teams under their control.
- To issue instructions for work to be carried out and ensure that work is completed in accordance with the required specification and within the contracted time.
- To ensure that all vehicles, plant and equipment is used appropriately and for the purpose intended and that all defects are reported via the agreed channels.
- The collection of domestic, industrial, commercial refuse (waste), dry recyclable and compostable material from domestic residencies, shops, flats, school, factories and other properties across the borough as required.
- To complete all required monitoring and round status information as detailed in the working agreement.
- To ensure a high standard of service conduct, safety, hygiene and security of work site at all times. Ensure that established health and safety procedures, codes of practice and manufacturers operating instruction are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Attend meetings as required.
- To meet the Council's customer care standards
- To ensure the timely completion of relevant
Experience for HGV class 2 refuse drivers
Working within industry agreed standards.
Working use of a range of specialist collection vehicles.
Supervision within a small team environment.
Road transport legislation.
Quality customer services.
Commitment to continual service development.
Accurate maintenance of collection round information, both manually and via IT systems as directed
Other (include special requirements)
Commitment to Equality & Diversity.
Commitment to Health & Safety
Minimum qualification of GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C or above. (The equivalent skill level in a similar post may also satisfy this requirement)
Hours Per Week : 36.00