Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
ICT Desktop Support Officer
Date: 04 Jun 2020
- As the ICT Desktop Support Officer, you will undertake tasks utilising agreed standards procedures
- Maintain effective working relationships both within their own team and with wider stakeholders
- Undertake work with limited supervision (except in areas of technical complexity or sensitivity) subject to review on completion and commensurate with their professional specialism and role responsibilities
- Use appropriate methodologies, tools, and best practice commensurate with their professional specialism and role responsibilities
- Contribute to improving efficiency and effectiveness of operational delivery in their work area
- Contribute to monitoring, compliance, and audit procedures
- Undertake work within established service level agreements
- Responsible for ensuring that Council policies, statutes and government legislation are upheld within their work area
- To take responsibility for the development and implementation of their own personal development plan, and own continued professional development in those areas relevant to the role within Lambeth Council
- Undertake other duties of a similar standard and nature that might reasonably be requested from time to time to meet the needs of the service
- Good knowledge of Networks & Active Directory (AD) would be expected, advanced knowledge would be an advantage.
- Managing device IMAC & Issue and incident Management to agreed SLAs as a minimum.
- The client’s tool of record is Landesk, training will be provided in the tool. Support covers Networked and non-networked devices
- Some experience or knowledge of supporting Video Conferencing equipment and software; providing technical troubleshooting.
- An understanding of delivering within agreed business processes to support ICT users
- Experience of delivering work to agreed timelines and quality criteria within similar role.
- Experience of working within the technical specialist area of the ICT Support Officer Role.
- The successful ICT Desktop Support Officer will need advanced technical and client facing skills which will have been gathered through time and experience.
- 3+years experience working in the desktop role across multiple building locations.
- The person who secures the ICT Desktop Support Officer Role must have experience in a customer facing environment, they must be at ease dealing with customers at all levels in the organisation, presenting a positive, professional pragmatic “can do/will do approach to the work.
- Educated to at least GCSE level, SQA Standard Grade or equivalent.
- Holds relevant certification or qualification at an appropriate level to fulfil the technical specialist areas of an ICT Desktop Support Officer
Start Date: 25.05.2020
Hours PW: 9:00am -17:00pm
Pay Rate: £16.33
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.