Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Residential Worker/ Social Care – Children’s in a temp position for our client.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment has access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
Job Purpose for Residential Worker/ Social Care
Children and Families is recognised as a service in which social work can develop and prosper, with a culture of collaboration, integrity and compassion; promoting the development and wellbeing of children, young people and their families; protecting them from neglect and abuse. Working together with partners delivering a range of early help, family support and effective social work interventions which build resilience, remove barriers and enable children and young people to look forward to a brighter future.
The Residential Worker will effectively contribute to care planning and working with children and families directly to ensure the delivery of good quality care.
Experienced in supporting children and young people within a children’s residential environment, the role will demonstrate collaborative working with children and young people to establish a positive working relationship which provides support.
Service/Functional Accountabilities for Residential Worker/ Social Care
• Responsible for directly supporting children and young people within a residential home, to ensure all regulatory requirements and codes of practice are met.
• Supporting the planning process for children and young people, contributing to the assessment of individual needs and developing placement plans, to ensure clarity on how these needs will be met, implemented and monitored on a regular basis.
• Facilitate constructive contact with children and young people’s families to ensure that the young people receive care to support them in preparing for adulthood.
• Supporting young people to ensure they are encouraged and supported to make decisions about their lives.
• Work collaboratively with the management team to ensure that the young people live in a healthy environment in order to be more independent.
• Contribute to ensuring young people are able to access education and pursue their particular interests to further develop their ability to be independent and preparation for adulthood.
• Contribute to the operational effectiveness of Residential Home ensuring the care of young people is regularly monitored and on occasion and includes leading shifts, on occasion.
• Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
• Educated to NVQ level 3 Caring for Children and Young people or equivalent by experience.
• Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
• Evidence of experience of working with young people in a paid or voluntary capacity; or paid work in residential care with other service users.
• Understands and demonstrates the ability to promote people’s equality, diversity and rights alongside experience of being able to protect children from abuse.
• Experience of using relevant technology in which to store, access and retrieve key client information.
• Experience of contributing to the development, provision and review of Placement, and other care management plans, with evidence of the ability to encourage young people to develop and maintain a positive sense of identity.
Start Date 25.05.2020
Hours Per Week :37.00