Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Quality Assurance Officer in a temp position for our client in North Lambeth Area.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment has access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
To support the delivery of services through the supervision and monitoring of
administrative processes and procedures including:
· Work as directed by the Responsive Repairs Manager to manage the centralised inbox, responding to service requests and general enquiries from internal departments and Capita Contact Centre as well as our principle contractors.
· Effectively manage the diary of the surveyors, arranging pre & post inspections via Microsoft outlook and Northgate.
Liaising with internal departments to provide advice and information.
· Managing the incoming technical reports, working with the surveyors to create works orders using a schedule of rates as set out within the pricing framework of the repairs contract.
· Collation of data using Business Objects, Northgate and
Information @ work.
· To manage a demanding and reactive workload in a responsive way to assist
property services to meet Lambeth Councils key objectives and external
· Manage incoming complaints and contacts from citizens ensuring that they
are distributed to the quality assurance officers within a timely manner.
· Work collaboratively with our principle contractors planning team ensuring that we manage all ‘out-of-hours’ & follow-on work service requests on a daily basis.
· To receive repair related telephone calls/emails on behalf of
technical staff within property services and deal effectively with those calls
applying the necessary repairs procedural and process experience.
· Apply “Safeguarding” principles when accessing resident’s details, ensuring any
concerns about vulnerable residents and children are reported via Housing
Staff or Social Services
· Work collaboratively with the tenancy enforcement team and the principle contractors planning team ensuring all forced entries are co-ordinated and delivered in line with agreed process.
· Ensure safe and efficient delivery of service by achieving high standards of
health and safety and reducing risk.
· Deliver the council’s commitment to equality of opportunity both in the
provision of services and as an employer.
· Acting as the first point of key contact for alteration consents and insurance claims on behalf or residents and internal staff. Ensuring where possible contacts are resolved and where this is not possible they are directed/passed to the appropriate officer within Responsive Repairs.
Key Accountabilities for Quality Assurance Officer :
· Provide administrative support to the planned and cyclical maintenance programme for a geographical housing area.
· Understand the principles of responsive repairs within a social housing environment.
· Provide advice and assistance as necessary to staff about cost effective repairs
· Assist in the process and resolving of all issues relating to customer
dissatisfaction, which are within the scope of personal responsibility. Where
necessary escalate to senior members of staff and other sections. Provide
accurate specifications to enable effective repairs
· Resolve disputes with contractors, accept referral from other members of staff
and provide technical advice and assistance to non-technical members of staff.
· Liaise with surveyors, where appropriate and escalate complex repairs related enquiries to the senior management with the department
· Arrange pre/ post inspections as required and liaise with tenants
and leaseholders regarding repairs.
· Effectively manage the incoming correspondence via central inbox ensuring all service requests are actioned appropriately in accordance to departmental procedures and within target.
· Have a strong awareness of “Safegaurding” and attend any related training
refresher courses where requested.
· Have a positive attitude to teamwork and a ‘can do’ approach to helping the residents and internal staff you are in communication with
· Participate in day-to-day cover of front line services as a member of the team.
· Ensure that all Lambeth Council and Lambeth Council policies and procedures
are complied with to provide an effective, efficient and successful operational
· management of the service area.
· To ensure that statutory/legislative requirements are met, managed and
reviewed at appropriate frequencies.
· To ensure adherence to the requirements under the Data Protection Act, and
comply with measures to protect the confidentiality of information in accordance
· with policies and procedures.
· Comply to Health & Safety legislation at all times and apply this in all aspects of
· To create a working environment where everyone feels safe, valued and
motivated in accordance with policies and procedures with particular reference
· to equality and diversity.
· Maintain relevant Quality Assurance Systems as necessary.
· Takes ownership and be responsible for own work.
· To ensure own professional knowledge is up-to-date.
· At all times, carry out the duties of this post with due regard to the Councils
equal opportunities policy, email policy, valuating diversity, and ensure its
· Carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.