Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Engineer-Highways in a temp position for our client in Enfield.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment has access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you just enjoy your hard-earned money each week
Training and development opportunities that meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you.
Purpose of Job as an Engineer-Highways:
Highway Services is part of the Environment department, under the responsibility of the Assistant Director – Highways and Transportation. It provides Enfield with the operational capacity to manage the Council’s highway infrastructure and associated assets.
Highway Services also provides a consultancy service for the project management, design and supervision of Environmental and Civil Engineering projects from inception to completion. The service provides professional expert advice and local knowledge.
This will include inspections and surveys, feasibility and options studies, design, site supervision, project management, contract administration and financial control.
The post holder will be required to respond quickly and effectively to frequently changing circumstances.
The post holder must be able to travel to sites and be physically able to undertake and manage work on sites outside of the office.
Construction sites may involve high risk environments and may involve working on the highway, at heights or in other hazardous environments, for which the post holder will be expected to use their specialist expertise to ensure the safety of themselves and others.
The post holder may be required to work alone and make decisions commensurate with their grade whilst under pressure.
The postholder will be required to be work flexibly, occasionally working outside normal working hours in order to respond to work demands.
Key Accountabilities as Engineer -Highways:
· To develop and agree project briefs with clients
· To undertake inspections and surveys, specialist investigations and prepare feasibilitiy studies
· To undertake the detailed design for maintenance and improvement projects
· To comply with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations where appropriate and, in particular, to undertake the ‘designer’s duties’.
· To prepare specifications and contracts.
· To keep maintenance records, and to make accurate measurements, valuations and contractual payments.
· To participate in collaborative working relationships with suppliers, contractors and other relevant organisations in order to maximize the opportunity for innovative and sustainable solutions
· To communicate effectively with residents, Members, stakeholders and third parties regarding work programmes and projects and to deal with general enquiries and correspondence.
Skills as Engineer-Highways:
Ability to deliver a work programme comprising of a range of civil engineering projects, often in conflicting and changing environments and pressures, in order to achieve the duties and responsibilities of this post;
Confident and capable in the use and presentation of technical information;
Ability to achieve results through successful contract administration and performance management of contractors in connection with this post.
Ability to maximize the deployment and use of information technology to support the delivery of high quality, customer focused services.