Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Refuse Driver/Road Cleaning in a temp position for our client.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment has access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you just enjoy your hard-earned money each week
Training and development opportunities that meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you.
Purpose of Job Refuse Driver/Road Cleaning
To assist in the delivery of a high-quality cleansing service throughout the borough; in accordance with the Council’s policies and service specification.
The Operative will work either individually or as a member of a team and be responsible for the use of service vehicles or any ancillary equipment associated with the provision of the street cleansing service.
Responsabilities for Refuse Driver/Road Cleaning:
· To carry out street cleansing duties to include the removal and collection of dirt, weeds, leaves, dog excreta, glass, litter and refuse
· To investigate fly tipping & dumping, record details of findings, report in writing and orally to Enforcement Officers/Supervisors and undertake/organise removal
· To empty and service litter bins
· To deal with/remove fly-posting and smaller areas of graffiti recording all incidents and report removal of larger areas to the Supervisor
· Be responsible for the cleanliness of the vehicles including the cab and ensure that unauthorised works are not undertaken
· To report environmental defects to the Supervisor to include vandalism, potholes, broken footpaths, damaged/defective street furniture etc
· Monitor and report on the cleanliness conditions and record standards of work carried out
· To ensure that allocated tasks are correctly completed to include all work record sheets, time sheets, and any other administrative tasks.
· Act clearly and responsibly as a reversing assistant when a vehicle is manoeuvring or reversing
· To be responsible for checking the vehicle or equipment at the start and end of each use
· To complete fully all necessary documentation and paperwork or hand or cab based electronic systems
· To ensure that supervisorsor managers are updated in writing of any change.
· Show a high level of customer service always and to ensure all communications are clear
· To wear correct PPE uniform at all times during working hours
· To ensure that PPE is looked after and it remain useful for as long possible
· Follow all safe working practises and risk assessments
· To inform the supervisor of any incident or accident
Requirementsfor Refuse Driver/Road Cleaning:
· Full knowledge of UK Highway regulation and code
· Knowledge of impotance of Health and Safety
· Knowledge of the borough of Barnet
· Current and valid full UK Driving Licence
· Current and valid LGV Licence
· Current and valid CPC