Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Date: 04 Jun 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Refuse Loader in a temp position for our client.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment has access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you just enjoy your hard-earned money each week
Training and development opportunities that meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you.
- Travel with Refuse Collection vehicle to and from collection area or refuse disposal point as scheduled.
- Collect and load all manageable household, industrial and commercial waste in accordance with section 46 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and Section 76 of the Climate Act 2008.
- Place bins to be emptied at the kerbside making sure no vehicular access is blocked and minimum obstructions to pedestrians, householders or vehicles and then return, ensuring no access is blocked.
- Assist other loaders with heavy bins and loads.
- Undertake a visual inspection of and where necessary reject contaminated bins for the recycling, glass, textile, garden or residual waste streams in line with Council policies.
- Operate powered bin lifting mechanisms in a safe and correct manner in accordance with guidelines and Health and Safety procedures.
- Collect any refuse spillage that occurs from either bins or vehicles to prevent road hazards.
- Communicate with the public in a polite and courteous manner and provide necessary information about the refuse and recycling collection service.
- Act as banksmen assisting the driver, watching out for any dangers which could develop for other road users, parked cars, children and pedestrians.
- Advise team leader of any missing or defective bins, contamination, overfilled, heavy, difficulties of access or other problems.
- Ensure compliance with Council policies and Health and Safety procedures when loading and emptying bins, travelling on vehicle and whilst on site.
- Loaders may be required to work on any refuse round and collect any additional bins as required.
- As required undertake other duties, either in the Refuse or Street Cleansing Sections to provide cover for which training will be provided.
- Ensure the correct Personal Protective Equipment is always available and worn.
- Carry out any other duties that are within the scope and grading of the post which could also be requested by the line manager or Head of Service.
- 2 Years references
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.