Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Date: 19 May 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced LGV Technician in a temp position for our client.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment has access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you just enjoy your hard-earned money each week
Training and development opportunities that meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you.
- To undertake the service, repair and maintenance of vehicle, plant and equipment in accordance with legislative and health and safety requirement.
- To undertake vehicle testing in line with VOSA regulations.
- To ensure that all maintenance work undertake is completed effectively, efficiently and is of a high standard of quality.
- To maintain service and repair on all types of vehicles, plant and equipment as part of the Council’s programmed servicing schedule. Equipment, tools and machinery, will include (but are not limited to) the following - mowers, gang units, ride-ons, tractors, chain saws, spikers, strimmers, pressure jet cleaning equipment etc.
- To carry out risk assessments, safe systems for work and regular safety inspections on all vehicles (including specialist vehicles such as refuse/sweepers/PCV vehicles) and plant in accordance with legislative requirements and Council policy.
- To liaise with external suppliers for the supply of goods and services to ensure best value is maintained.
- To effectively manage the stores area to ensure stock levels are maintained and appropriate service/repair items are always held.
- To provide roadside assistance to broken down vehicles/plant and arrange recovery if necessary.
- Diagnose any faults found and specify on the job card any work necessary to be carried out by the Contractor or the in-house workshop.
- To undertake general fleet electrical work, welding, fabrication and minor repairs on vehicles, plant or equipment.
- Report any damage found on Inspection to the Fleet office for them to check if an accident has been reported. Identify any repairs required which fall within the warranty of a new vehicle or of previous work carried out by Contractors
- On return from Contractors vehicles are to be inspected and tested (where necessary) to check work has been carried out satisfactorily and to a safe standard.
- Carry out and record the details of the statutory testing of light goods vehicles and cars submitted by members of the public, issue the appropriate certificates, receive fee applicable, checking cheque card where necessary. Cash up at the end of working day ensuring all monies received are correct.
- Carry out seatbelt checks on passenger carrying vehicles in line with seatbelt legislation as set down by VOSA and receive appropriate fee.
- Carry out initial inspection of new vehicles, hired vehicles and plant added to the Councils fleet list, and fill out new data sheet. To carry out MOT Testing on council vehicles and external vehicles using VOSA’s computerised system in line with VOSA requirements and standards.
- Advise on condition and carry out a visual check and inspection of all MOT equipment, workshop equipment, lifting gear and special tools before use.
- To leave the workplace clean, tidy and safe and assist in maintaining the general cleanliness and tidiness of the workshop. Carry out steam cleaning on Council vehicles and plant as and when required.
- To work in accordance with the shift system, subject to prior notice and consultatio
- 3 years references
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.