Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Location: Danbury CM4 4AB
Date: 19 May 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Facilities Assistant in a temp position for our client. The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment have access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you - just enjoy your hard-earned money each week
Training and development opportunities which meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you.
Essex Outdoors provides high quality outdoor learning opportunities, from activity days and Forest Schools through to residential experiences and adventurous expeditions. From archery and climbing through to power boating and sailing.
Essex Outdoors delivers a full range of activities to excite and inspire.
Essex Outdoors are committed to delivering high-quality, high-value learning opportunities to the young people of Essex and the wider community.
As the Facilities Assistant you will be responsible for basic preparation of materials and equipment for use in the centre by staff and clients. To undertake maintenance work, cleaning and other duties concerned with the operation of Essex Outdoors establishments. You will be working with a friendly team of people, in an environment that’s fast paced and full of energy. Free meals will be provided during working hours.
- Responsible for preparation of site, accommodation and facilities to a high standard, in preparation for the Service’s many residential and day visitors.
- Ensure that facilities are as clean as reasonably practicable and adequately stocked.
- Assist the Facilities Co-ordinator or Centre Manager with the maintenance of the facilities and undertake small repairs where applicable.
- Notify the Facilities Co-ordinator or Centre Manager of any damage to buildings or other facilities of anything that may be of danger to clients or staff.
- To consider the comfort and well-being of clients always.
- To notify the Facilities Co-ordinator or Centre Manager of any damage to buildings or other facilities of anything that may be of danger to clients or staff.
- To participate in the performance and development review process, to take personal responsibility for the identification of learning and development opportunities and reflect on training needs for discussion with the Line Manager.
- To attend training activities and/or meetings as required.
- Occasionally, to assist with special functions at the centre which may be outside of normal working hours.
- To report any customer comments or complaints and take necessary remedial action if appropriate.
- To report immediately any accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be required by the Centre Manager, from time to time, commensurate with grade and responsibilities.
- To ensure that all duties and service provided are in accordance with the county Council Equal Opportunities Policy and Practice and Health and Safety Regulations.
- The duties of the post may be varied to meet changing circumstances at the discretion of the Service Manager.
- To follow the S.E.T. Child Protection Procedures.
- There may be circumstances where you will be required to be mobile throughout Essex and therefore a valid driving licence and use of car may be required, unless the role can be undertaken effectively by alternative transport arrangements.
- Previous maintenance and / or cleaning experience desirable.
- Basic knowledge of first aid is desirable
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- The ability to count and undertake basic calculations.
- Ability to complete basic forms.
- Ability to use cleaning equipment.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to a wide range of people.
- Understand and support the differences between young people and adults and respond appropriately. Understand the role of others working in and with the centre.
- Enhanced DBS
- 5 years references
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.