Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Location: Langdon Hills Essex
Date: 30 Mar 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Residential Assistant in a temp position for our client. The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment have access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you - just enjoy your hard-earned money each week
Training and development opportunities which meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you.
ECC Adult Social Care, through effective practice, is moving towards a transformational shift from a focus on long-term care support, to a model with four key principles: prevention, early intervention,enablement and safeguarding.
This will enable people, their families and carers to be able to access information and tools to live healthily and independently. Providing an opportunity to respond pro-actively to growing service demand in a sustainable way, within the financial constraints of the Council.
The role of Residential Assistant will be focused on being a committed, flexible and passionate member of a team working within a residential/short break service to ensure the provision of a high-quality service for adults.
In this role will work collaboratively with adults, their families and other professionals in a residential home environment. The role will support adults in accordance with their care plans and ensuring access to social and leisure activities according to their needs and wishes. The role also includes the continuous monitoring of individuals emotional and general wellbeing.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- ducated to RQF Level 2 (GCSE) or equivalent by experience with a willingness to achieve the award within 24 months of starting the role.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience within a social care setting and working within a team environment
- Good communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
- Awareness of a person entered approach and respect for dignity and privacy, promoting choice.
- Understanding of and the ability to develop knowledge of the needs of individuals and legislation in respect of Vulnerable Adults, Mental Capacity and other such relevant legislation policy and procedure as appropriate.
- Willing to undertake training in the following if not already completed: Manual Handling, First Aid Awareness, Food Hygiene, Risk and Conflict Management, Data Protection and Health and Safety and another core training is relevant to the role.
- Provides support to individuals to ensure they can reach their optimum independence and can exert control in their everyday lives, in accordance with the care plan.
- Supports individuals/groups to access social and leisure activities which may include college classes, resource centres, community access and other activities.
- Monitoring individual emotional and general wellbeing daily and ensure the protection of adults from abuse, reporting any concerns to senior managers.
- Support individuals to make choices in a way that always respects their dignity and privacy and promotes their choice in accordance with the care plan and any other key documents.
- Ensure respectful, patient and courteous approaches are undertaken with adults, their families, visitors and colleagues whether within the home or out in the community.
- Undertakes accurate and legible recording to ensure it meets the Care Quality Commission standards and positively promote Adult Social Care.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
- Photo ID
- Right to work document
- Enhanced DBS
- 5 years referencing
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.