Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Energy & Water Accounts Manager
Location: Hackney, London
Date: 17 Mar 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Energy and Water Accounts Manager in a temp position for our client. The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
- As a team leader for (Energy Management Unit) you will be responsible to the successful delivery of the business objectives of your designated team that will contribute to the achievement of the Mayor’s priorities, Council’s corporate objectives.
- To provide effective management that will contribute to the continuous improvement of the Council.
- To actively contribute to Council-wide and directorate initiatives that will achieve and implement the Mayor’s priorities and corporate objectives.
- To coordinate and implement the Council's strategies and policies related to utilities. To manage and use the Council’s energy systems, processes, databases and information systems for the full and effective discharge of responsibilities of the role.
- To assist in energy/carbon reporting across an array of statutory, mandatory and voluntary environmental reporting requirements that fall under the energy/ carbon strategy objectives.
- Ability and commitment to comply with the Council’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Detailed knowledge of working in the Energy Sector, ideally within the public sector.
- Strong analytical, data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Detailed understanding of relevant Energy and Carbon Legislation including the Climate Change Act 2008; and the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive 2007.
- An inclusive and flexible team player, but able to work alone to set procedures and instructions, maintaining concentration without supervision.
- Polite, professional and helpful manner. Ensuring that customers and contractors feel valued and deliver agreed outputs. Good working knowledge of financial management systems such as SAP and CEDAR E5.
- Good knowledge of energy systems e.g. Systemslink, TEAM Sigma or other equivalent Energy Management Database.
- Experience of working within the utility / energy sector ensuring accurate management of consumption and implementing this through work programmes.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills with an eye for detail to execute a range of financial procedures and monitor budgets.
- Experience of undertaking in-depth and methodical investigations into queries and disputes, delivering reports with recommendations based on findings.
- A strong understanding of the composition of utility bills and meter installations, including tariffs, meter supply points, meter numbers and other relevant information.
- Ability to prioritise their workload and that of the teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience of leading teams and consultants to deliver and achieve deadlines.
- Experience of liaising and communicating with a variety of stakeholder groups and appropriately tailoring the message to suit the target audience.
- Experience in Utility Management, tracking and resolving supply and site related queries, portfolio management (supply addition/removals, Change of tenancy) and billing issues.
- Experience in the administration of management boards and events, including room booking, minute taking and document production and disbursement (e.g. agendas and associated papers).
- Knowledge and experience in energy consumption data recording, collation and analysis. Ensuring data is collected regularly and accurate records are maintained.
- Energy/Finance related degree or equivalent comparable professional experience.
- Photo ID
- National Insurance
- Right to work
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.