Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Head Of Product
Location: Chelmsford Essex
Date: 19 Jul 2021
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Head of Product in a temp position for our client. The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
The Service Transformation team is a new multi-disciplinary team at the council, committed to helping build better public services for the people of Essex. We’re passionate about improving the lives of our service users. You’ll find an inclusive culture and a place where your opinion is valued.
To do this role you are required to have experience, be a confident leader with expert product management skills. As head of product management, you will help shape the profession and provide support to all product managers in the organisation, whether public servants or contractors.
You be required:
- be required to coach others to increase professionalism
- oversee every member of the product team, roles, assignments, development, pay and performance
- manage hiring and development of the product team, covering public servants and contractors
- build, sustain, develop, skill and support a community and practice of product management across ECC
- work as part of the Service Transformation leadership team to ensure that product management aligns to organisational aims and objectives
- be an inspiring leader, coach and train on all things service design and product management, to become the trusted advisor and head of community for product management at Essex CC
- Provide team leadership, mentorship, and pastoral line management to the product owners in the Service Transformation team and beyond
- Build ECC’s reputation as one of the leading design thinking organisations
- Have experience of delivering products using the Government Service Standard
Communicating information. You can mediate and improve relationships, communicating clearly and simply with stakeholders at all levels. Able to manage stakeholder’s expectations and facilitate discussions across high risk and complexity or under constrained timescales. Able to speak and represent the product management community and Service Transformation team to large audiences inside and outside of Essex CC.
- You will able to know how to coach and lead teams in Agile and Lean practices, determining the right approach for the team to take and evaluating this through the life of a project.
- You act as a recognised expert and advocate for the approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team.
- You know about the wider digital economy and advances in technology.
- You understand agile working at an organisational level.
- You can create the environment for success.
- You know how to initiate and support working with other digital, data and technology roles, job families and professions.
- You will know how to influence, challenge and coach.
- You can anticipate how constraints might change and know where to challenge or remove constraints.
- You understand the marketplace, realising the benefit and persuading others that a product is the right one to use.
- You know how to integrate a product with other services.
- You can ensure that products get used. You can realise benefits by linking work in progress back to the business case. You can build business cases based on user needs.
- You know how to successfully lead teams through the full product life cycle. You can identify which tools and techniques should be used at each stage.
- You can develop sustainable support models. You can identify and deal with potential risks across or between all stages of the product life cycle.
- You know how to coach others. You can contribute to the assessment of other teams, providing guidance and support as they move through stages of the product life cycle.
- You keep abreast of industry best practice and can cascade ways of working.
- You know how to make operations efficient.
- You can act as the escalation point for major operational issues and champion operational management across the community.
- You know how to anticipate problems and how to defend against them at the right time.
- You understand how the problem fits into the larger picture.
- You can articulate the problem and help others to do it.
- You know how to build problem-solving capabilities in others.
- You can start to define and create approaches.
- You know how to coach others.
- You can implement new ways of working.
- You are aware of what other sectors are doing.
- You understand what is most important and applicable.
- You can develop a long-term vision and objectives.
- You are discerning and disciplined in focusing on what is important and most relevant.
- You know how to develop the capability of others.
- You know how to give direction on which tools or methods to use.
- You are experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels.
- You can bring insight and expertise in how user needs have changed over time to ensure these are met by the business.
- You know how to apply strategic thinking in how to provide the best service for the end user.
- Photo ID
- Right to work
- 2 years references
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.