Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Location: Hackney, London
Date: 30 Mar 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Highways Inspecter in a temp position for our client. The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
Excellent ability to analyse Civil Engineering problems and applying an engineering judgement to develop, design and implement creative yet appropriate solution to often complex and sensitive issues
Able to work on own initiative within a busy Engineering department with the minimum of supervision.
have an excellent grasp of engineering and design principles
- To deliver, on a day-to-day basis, a qualitative, efficient and effective highway inspection service, based on best practice and the delivery of high-quality outcomes.
- To ensure the safe passage of the general public on the public highway.
- To progress and assist in managing highway engineering matters, within an area based or function-based team, in accordance with the agreed programme.
- To ensure, in conjunction with colleagues, that statutory and legal obligations are delivered and communicated in a customer-focussed manner, optimising available resources.
- To ensure compliance with and enforcement of relevant Health and Safety and Highways legislation.
- To be accountable to the Senior Engineer for achieving agreed Service outcomes, timely and effective engineering solutions and personal appraisal targets which uphold the Council’sCore Values and meet the challenges of Best Value and Comprehensive Performance Assessment.
- To be an active member of and contribute to the development of the Highway and Engineering Team.
- Ability to contribute effectively to team working.
- Ability to promote and implement equal opportunities in accordance with Council guidelines.
- Ability to understand plans and drawings and other relevant technical information related to the team’s projects and functions.
- Ability to operate IT systems and equipment.)
- A good understanding and knowledge of relevant highway and traffic legislation, procedures, codes of practice, regulations, licensing and best practice in customer care.
- Knowledge of street lighting, street furniture, civil and highway engineering issues as they affect the inner city and the highway infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Best Value legislation, performance indicators etc.
- A qualification in Highway or Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- NRSWA Supervisors accreditation.
- Demonstrable engineering experience in highway inspections.
- Photo ID
- National insurance
- Right to work document
- 2 years reference
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.