Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Economic Regeneration Support Assistant
Date: 19 May 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Economic Regeneration Support Assistant in a temp position for our client. The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
Carry out induction of new staff members including showing them around, ensuring their IT is in place, getting their security sorted
- Pick up team phone
- Be the first point of contact for the Derby Employment Hub and signpost the enquiries to appropriate members of the team
Produce electronic documents to the required standard including:
- Information notices
- Minutes of meetings
- Work closely with the team and collate the required information for monitoring the activities of the Derby Employment Hub.
- Support the team in organisation and promotion of the Derby Employment Hub. This may include organising events in the community that would involve booking venues, organising refreshments, booking clients to meet with the Hub team in the community etc.
- Prepare purchase orders as required and maintain a record of expenditure to assist management with budget monitoring.
- Maintain stocks of brochures, fact sheets and other promotional literature and assist in the updating and development of service websites.
- Deal with any mail shots needed by the Derby Employment Hub team, including those by e-mail, and maintain e-mail distribution lists.
- Check newspapers daily and other trade publications regularly for relevant information and maintain an information database.
- Process and file records, leading on the development and maintenance of an effective filing and retrieval system (both manual and electronic).
- Compile statistical information, financial data, and statements including the use of Oracle.
- Complete data entry accurately.
- Undertake photocopying of documents.
- Organise meetings including the preparation and distribution of agendas and papers, welcoming visitors and taking minutes of meetings.
- Understand and comply with the City Council’s environmental policies.
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies and legislation in performance of the duties of the post.
- Work with information technology and associated systems in accordance with the City Council’s policies & procedures.
- 2 years references
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.