Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Date: 19 May 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Solicitor/Legal Executive in a temp position for our client based in Essex.The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within the role.
This vacancy is within the childcare team and the successful candidate will be expected to give advice to Social Services under the Children Act 1989, attend court for hearings and manage a caseload .
You will be part of a specialist legal team providing high quality advice within many differing aspects of law across the Council.
You will be responsible for delivering information, analysis and interpretation to clients to underpin effective decision making, meaningful performance management and meet statutory requirements; achieving good customer service and making a real and demonstrable difference to the delivery of Essex Legal Services’ business and the business of our clients.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate legal advice across the Council and to external customers, including constructively challenging where appropriate to produce the best possible outcomes.
- Accountable for delivering outcomes against the business plan for legal services which supports and drives the Council’s wider Organisation Strategy and vision.
- Act as a legal practitioner and advocate providing specialist advice, professional consultation and support to colleagues (where appropriate) within your team.
- Understand client needs and provide them with a service they value; driving the delivery of productivity and efficiency improvement.
- Support the development of current and future business opportunities, to promote the Essex Legal Services’ vision to the external market.
- Build strong working relationships across the Council and external clients.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified solicitor/barrister/chartered legal executive registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bar Standards Board or CILEX.
- Evidence of continuing professional development, and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Experience of working within a legal setting in a, providing high-quality advice to a wide range of customers.
- Commercial awareness with sufficient professional credibility to maintain the existing client base.
- Proven track record of building strong working relationships across a large, complex organisation and with internal and external partners/stakeholders and clients.
- Ability to provide clear advice on complex matters to both to both the client base and junior colleagues.
- A strong focus on outcomes to achieve strategic objectives.
- Proof of right to work in UK ,a photo ID
- Criminal Convictions Declaration
- Confidentiality Agreement
- 5 Years References
- DBS Check
- Practising Solicitor Certificate
- Right to work Form
- Eligibility to work in UK
- Fitness to Work Declaration
9:00 – 17:00