Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Tenancy Sustainment Officer
Date: 13 Mar 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Tenancy sustainment Officer in a temp position for our client. The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
Support people to set up and sustain their tenancy and encourage and facilitate their independence, enhanced quality of life, health and well-being, and to assist those with challenging and complex needs with short-term support plans to help maintain their tenancy.
- Assess the support needs of vulnerable clients (as early as possible, including at sign up) and work with other agencies to develop short-term support plans tailored to meet individual needs.
- To signpost and facilitate access to other support services. Regularly review support plans with the client and in collaboration with other support agencies to ensure the appropriate type of support remains in place.
- To arrange and chair multi-agency meetings to discuss individuals in need of wider support
- Support and assist residents with applications for welfare benefits and appeals, including complex housing benefit cases and backdate requests.
- Support and assist residents with applications for grant funding to maximize income and help to manage urgent financial crises and short or longer-term financial hardship with the aim to maintain and sustain their tenancy and prevent the loss of their home as a result of rent arrears.
- Understand the implications of national legislative changes including the Welfare Benefit Reform and take action to minimize the risks to vulnerable clients’ income and home by maximizing income and assessing the eligibility for welfare benefits and discretionary housing payments.
- To manage the Introductory and Fixed Term tenancy process in conjunction with housing officers by highlighting vulnerabilities and support needs and working to resolve them to ensure tenants can become secure tenants.
- Working with Housing Officers to ensure they are following the introductory tenancy procedure and acting as the trigger to prompt further action.
- Work closely with a wide range of agencies to ensure effective communication and efficient service delivery and provide a seamless service to clients that meets their individual needs.
- Develop a network of contacts with other agencies locally.
- Carry out regular risk assessments and, when appropriate, raise safeguarding alerts to protect and support vulnerable clients.
- Follow up by attending case conferences and/or Child Protection meetings to share information and facilitate the effective intervention of a range of services.
- Work with colleagues and other agencies including Age Concern’s Handy Help service or other providers to provide a wide range of handy person services, to develop innovative, creative solutions tailored to meet individual needs to provide effective, efficient short-term support who needs
- To manage and promote diversionary schemes designed to integrate vulnerable tenants into communities to promote community cohesion and prevent social exclusion.
- Refer vulnerable customers to external partners and floating support to meet their longer-term support needs.
- To signpost those customers who are no longer able to live independently to other agencies or different housing solutions.
- Abide by the Lone Working Policy, carrying out regular risk assessments and taking personal responsibility for using the personal protection equipment and procedures provided by the council.
- Being prepared to spend most of the working hours on site visiting clients to ensure maximum engagement levels.
- To regularly promote the service using a wide range of media to maximize referrals and to promote the services of key partners and support agencies.
- Maintain accurate & up to date records of support plans, outcomes and reviews of clients in accordance with the Data Protection Act and any relevant information sharing protocols.
- To ensure the integrated housing management system is updated daily and reflects accurately the clients’ current situation.
- Collate statistical performance data to demonstrate the achievements and effectiveness of the service and to ensure that a value for money service is being delivered.
- To conduct annual Equality Impact Assessments to ensure that delivery of the service is sensitive to different groups of society, in line with the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Operate within corporate guidelines relating to health and safety, confidentiality, risk management and other corporate guidelines and policies.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as are commensurate with the post.
- Considerable practical experience of developing and delivering individual support plans and working on a one-toone basis in housing management, hostel environment, social care, resettlement or related support field.
- Experience of working in a problem-solving context with a variety of statutory and voluntary agencies and professionals and the ability to coordinate multi-agency meetings to identify vulnerability including, safeguarding, and domestic abuse.
- Experience of working in an effective team environment, supporting a busy and demanding service.
- Experience of delivering services to a diverse group with varied and challenging needs and the ability to conduct impact assessments to ensure services are delivered equitably.
- Experience of working in confidential situations with an understanding of when and how to share sensitive information with relevant agencies.
- A-Level or equivalent or a relevant housing qualification at entry level.
- Social care qualification.
- Continuous commitment to professional training and development.
- Photo ID
- Right to work
- Enhanced DBS
- 5 years references
- Driving licence and access to own car
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.