Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Chef de Partie
Location: Royal Holloway
Date: 17 Feb 2020
BBS Recruitment have an exciting opportunity at the Royal Holloway, University of London within the Hub site for a Chef de Partie to join the team working 35 hours per week, on rota bases.
To prepare and cook dishes for meals to be served for Counter service, Banquet and Fine Dining. Food must be well balanced, seasoned correctly and be presented at a very high standard. To supervise the food prepared on shift to ensure it is delivered to a high standard.
- To work in the kitchen carrying out preparation and cooking of food in line with the menus set and ensure that the taste and presentation of all food delivers a wow factor to customers.
- To take responsibility for quality of food produced on shift.
- To work effectively without supervision and supervise Apprentices / Trainee Chefs and kitchen Porters when necessary.
- To fully manage and ensure your section of the kitchen produces and delivers quality food on the counter at the required times for counter /Banquet service.
- To allocate duties to staff as required and ensure they are aware of these and complete them to the standard required.
- To organize workspace efficiently and complete own tasks on daily work schedule within time allocated.
- To prioritize to ensure important and urgent tasks are completed within their deadline and delegate where necessary.
- COSHH Passed
- Craft City and Guilds or NVQ level 2
- Craft City and Guilds or NVQ level 3
- Relevant Health and Safety Qualification
- Own chef whites
- Safety shoes
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.