Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Outreach Family Support Officer
Date: 19 Feb 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Outreach Family Support Worker in a temp position for our client. The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role
The purpose of the Outreach Family Support Worker is to prevent needs escalating and to enable families to develop their own strategies to cope well. Workers will also provide support to families who have been subject to statutory interventions from social care and then ‘stepped down’ for early help in order to prevent a re-escalation of concern and enable families to become more able to self-support. The Outreach Family Support Service is a key contributor of early help arrangements and the team effectively work with families to avoid escalation of concerns. This includes direct work with families who have been subject to statutory interventions, and then ‘stepped down’ too early to prevent re-escalation of concerns and enable families to become more able to self-support. The role will also involve offering support to our multi agency partners who need assistance to complete early help assessments. We will work as part of a team providing parenting support, offering advice and guidance to families and professionals and maintaining contact as the Lead Professional. Applicants should have experience of direct work with children, assessing levels of needs, providing direct support to families in their homes and experience of multi-agency, partnership working.
- Ability to communicate effectively, using good written and verbal skills with children, families, other professions and multi-disciplinary organisations in a wide range situation and at different levels.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work in partnership with parents and professionals. Ability to maintain accurate, reflective records in accordance with Recording with Care guidelines.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team across a range of services including Health, Education, Children’s Centres, School’s Family Support Service, etc. to support parents in meeting the needs of their children.
- Ability to problem solve and empower families to make good decisions
- Ability to demonstrate resilience and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work innovatively to devise and deliver imaginative methods of supporting children, young people and families in crisis.
- Ability to support the policies / procedures of the City Council including Safeguarding of Children.
- An understanding of legislation that relates to children and families.
- NVQ Level 3 in childcare and education, NND, Health and Social Care qualification.
- A commitment to undertake further training and development
- Relevant experience of providing support for children and families
- Experience of direct work with children, young people and their families
- Experience of working in partnership with parents
- Experience of effective collaborative and multi-agency working to support children and families
- Sound knowledge of sighns and symptoms of Child Protection issues
- Enhanced DBS
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.