Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Date: 19 Feb 2020
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Section 38/278 Highways Engineer (Interim Executive) in a temp position for our client. The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
Working in the Transport Development Management – Highway Agreements Team, you will provide effective and efficient service covering all aspects of changes to existing or construction of new highway assets across the Borough. This role will focus mainly on attaining Technical Approval for highway improvement or alteration works. You will be required to provide advice in response to initial enquiries and throughout the Technical Approval and adoption inspection processes. You should have good attention to detail as well as extensive knowledge of national design standards and have the ability to communicate regarding many different highway design elements. A degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline is desirable, otherwise HND/HNC level qualification or compensatory experience in civil engineering, transportation or related discipline will be required.
- A degree or HNC in engineering or equivalent
- Experience of identifying legal, planning, highway or infrastructure constraints to development
- Highway, road construction, bridges, drainage and paving inspection experience is preferred
- HNC/HND or a degree in subjects such as building studies, civil engineering, building control, building surveying
- Knowledge of Construction and or Highways Maintenance
- NVQ Level 3 Highways Construction
- Road safety
- CSCS Card holder in relevant category.
- NRSWA supervisor accreditation
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to do so orally and written to convey information accurately and concisely with diplomacy, tact, sensitivity and assertiveness.
- Understand and interpret technical drawings, specifications and information. Computer literacy in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, GIS and presentation packages (required for day to day undertakings of the job).
- Undertake site visits to construction sites, knowledge of Health & Safety, CDM regulations
- Understand current legislation and regulations (including but not limited to, Highways Act, Traffic Management Act, Town and Country Planning Act, Construction Design and Management Regs) and any obligations the Highway Authority must adhere to in relation to development and construction works.
- Carry out duties above with little management supervision
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.