Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.

View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:

Senior Highways Agreements Engineer
Location: Swindon
Date: 19 May 2020

BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Highways Agreements Engineer in a temp position for our client. The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role. 


Job Role:

Under the general management of Highway Agreement Manager – Transport Development & Streetworks Management are responsible for providing an effective service covering all aspects of Development Agreements in relation to residential development works and internal/external Highway creation projects proposed across the Borough. Undertaking Technical Approvals of Section 38 and Section 278 Highway Works which may range from a simple pedestrian crossing facility feature to minor and major infrastructure delivery works for urban extensions.


  • Provide advice on Transport Development matters from initial enquiry through to the Technical Approval and adoption processes.
  • Provide expert professional advice and guidance to planning officers, developers, agents and internal consultees on transportation issues and requirements to achieve quality designs.
  • Agree to and justify acceptable departures from standards having regard to highway designs, highway safety and sustainability.
  • Negotiate with developers, agents and other Council officers on all Transport Development design and construction works, and associated legal agreements
  • Assist the processing of applications as required in respect of the adoption of new highway and alterations to the existing highway infrastructure pursuant to planning and highway legal agreements (Section 38/278 Agreements, Minor Works applications and where possible make use of the Advance Payment Code).




  • Ideally you be a Chartered Engineer (CEng) or an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) and have a degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline, Alternatively you will be qualified of Civil
  • Be a member of the institution of Highway Engineers/Chartered institute of highways


Required Documents: 


  • Right to Work Documents
  • National Insurance 
  • Proof of Address
  • CV